Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:35 am
so far the kp3 is the best companion piece to the digi, that i have used. the sampling on the kp3 does the time stretching and adds the effects that make the Digi nuts performance wise.

the heat makes everything sound so dope but the kp3 changes the musical dynamic. almost wishing i got the jomox moonwind instead of the heat for performance stuff, but the heat is sucha tool to shape anything from the smallest noise to the whole master. Ill get more indepth with the programming of the heat but so far seems the heat is more surgical than the knob turners dream.

kp3 and digi was the most fun I have ever had just jamming, still not feeling the digi on the drums but the live has more than handled that. Still alot more work to do.
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:24 pm
Yes!!! Really nothing wrong with my Digitakt but I skipped 1.03, hopefully this is the one.

EDIT-Just updated and it feels much tighter, encoders still need a bit of refinement but the issues are occassionally less than 1.02 now. Elektron is smaller than Akai and we up to the fourth update for the Digitakt, soon its gonna be a nemesis to the Octatrack.
By Cockdiesel Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:29 am
Ill-Green wrote:Gotta love the lovely hands :-D

The Micromonsta is a cool little gadget, I dig them. I would trade my monotribe for one if the same price range.

Not sure what the monotribe is going for but I believe the micro is under 300, or right around.
By Ill-Green Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Not sure what the monotribe is going for but I believe the micro is under 300, or right around.

:shock: man, just checked ebay, that can't be right. Monotribes going for $300 to $600! I bought mine brand new for $149.00 when they first launched. It could be because its the grand-daddy of all Volcas, though the Monotron was Korg's first boutique synth, but it was Monotribe that defined the direction that led the way for future Volcas. Under appreciated but its a monster too.

Maybe a Monotribe for a Micromonsta and some records and a needle :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:16 pm
Nice, prolly people on YouTube showing off that filter and using them with the volcas like you said. I'm not into the volcas myself, but man there are so many videos of them. The monotribe peaks my interest more but not for 600. Sounds like a sweet deal for you.
By back2future Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:39 pm
Just grabbed the Digitakt. I've had the Octatrack since 2012. This Digitakt is pretty damn fun. What a joy to use. Very simple... very straight forward compared to the Octatrack. I have to say I'm impressed.
By Ill-Green Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:07 pm
back2future wrote:Just grabbed the Digitakt. I've had the Octatrack since 2012. This Digitakt is pretty damn fun. What a joy to use. Very simple... very straight forward compared to the Octatrack. I have to say I'm impressed.

Type of guy I want to talk to. :-D

How would my Digitakt skills transfer over to the Octatrack? Would I be prepared for the complexity or will I be disappointed and run back to the Digitakt?

Thanks in advance!!
By Ill-Green Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:25 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Nice, prolly people on YouTube showing off that filter and using them with the volcas like you said. I'm not into the volcas myself, but man there are so many videos of them. The monotribe peaks my interest more but not for 600. Sounds like a sweet deal for you.

Sweeter deals were on ebay after they discontinued, they were going low as $99. Thats why I'm like :shock: when I saw those prices, they costed as much as today's Volcas in the $149 to 179 range brand new. Its dope, I made vids with it but the sound quality on some isn't good so pardon the disturbance.
By Cockdiesel Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:37 am
Ill-Green wrote:
How would my Digitakt skills transfer over to the Octatrack? Would I be prepared for the complexity or will I be disappointed and run back to the Digitakt?

Thanks in advance!!

Never used an octatrack but by its look it's the same interface with way more features. I'm sure I could mess with it and learn after using the digi. Ill admit there's a lot I'd have no insight into, but from what I hear/read it's seems like something up your ally. It's got the time stretch/pitch stuff down pat and even has Lofi modes that people say can get close to the sp sound. It's got USB and a cf drive so maybe, a big maybe, you can load up samples off it onto the live. Which I think is killer.

On the other hand, I think with a live and digi you already have something way more advanced than an octatrack. I haven't tried but using the audio tracks and bounce to sample, chop etc gives you essentially an octatrack, might be the same amount of menu diving who knows. I getting similar results to an octatrack just using a digi and kp3. Is a heck a lot of fun, and super simple. Although besides changing some parameters my editing on the kp3 is limited. Can make cool sequences but not really shape a sound like I can with the live or an octatrack.
By jpeg Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:16 am
so what is the best workflow for this box? how do u approach to u do all ur drums on one pad or all ur samples on one pad?

or do u just do one sample per pad like an mpc and work with the 8 sample limit that the one per pad method entails
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:47 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:
Never used an octatrack but by its look it's the same interface with way more features. I'm sure I could mess with it and learn after using the digi. Ill admit there's a lot I'd have no insight into, but from what I hear/read it's seems like something up your ally. It's got the time stretch/pitch stuff down pat and even has Lofi modes that people say can get close to the sp sound. It's got USB and a cf drive so maybe, a big maybe, you can load up samples off it onto the live. Which I think is killer.

On the other hand, I think with a live and digi you already have something way more advanced than an octatrack. I haven't tried but using the audio tracks and bounce to sample, chop etc gives you essentially an octatrack, might be the same amount of menu diving who knows. I getting similar results to an octatrack just using a digi and kp3. Is a heck a lot of fun, and super simple. Although besides changing some parameters my editing on the kp3 is limited. Can make cool sequences but not really shape a sound like I can with the live or an octatrack.

Thanks for your insight.

Nah, wasn't going to buy an Octatrack, I just wanted to know if someone who started with the Digi, how would they take on the Octatrack. I think the new ones look dope, looks like a little battle tank. But looks aren't everything because the Digitakt was something new to learn and it started complicated at first. Imagine an Octatrack :o

Live is great after I carved a beat out from the Digitakt, to rearrange and make other stuff. I really like the Digitakt solo though, it just bangs hard by itself.

jpeg wrote:so what is the best workflow for this box? how do u approach to u do all ur drums on one pad or all ur samples on one pad?

or do u just do one sample per pad like an mpc and work with the 8 sample limit that the one per pad method entails

Its somewhat Roland SPish operation, real easy to sample and make sequences. The tricks come from the knobs. I always live record so I can have all the sounds play in real time as I trigger them. Create, resample a.k.a "bounce". Make more layers. Its dope. When I create patterns, I do a little plock for the tails of the samples, so as the main sample plays for 7 bars, on the 8th bar it plays a different section of the main sample. Thats how I'm using it nowadays, the most of plock you get out of me :-D and it I got it connected to a lone Roland Cube Monitor CM30 and it rocks the shit out of it with clarity. Recommended because the Digitakt blew out my pair of Micca speakers :WTF:
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:11 pm
jpeg wrote:so what is the best workflow for this box? how do u approach to u do all ur drums on one pad or all ur samples on one pad?

This vid is like a beat made traditionally then the Digitakt alters it with PLocks on the fly.