Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 pm
I'm sick of that :vomit: and their damn accordians :vomit: who the hell makes accordians every year and who the **** is buying them?!! Must be a new trend for polka I didn't know about.

The new MV should've came out in 2012 they could've been killed the game.

**** it, I'm buying the Live. Let Roland sit in a corner watch me enjoy myself for what they did. They're punished :evil:
By Ian Canefire Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:12 am
Zydeco is a popular genre. The accordion is the main instrument in that sound. I don't diss older music styles or instruments. Creativity with sound is the language of the universe.
After living in nawlins i learned the joy of a zydeco party.
Peace
Ian
By loose_t Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:15 pm
I had an MV of years and loved it. Only switched to a mpc2500 when I was living in a ridiculously tiny apartment! The worst part of the MV was the very dodgy sliders, which would become incredibly jumpy overtime. Mine were not usable. A new MV with knobs instead of those sliders would be awesome.
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:28 pm
loose_t wrote:The worst part of the MV was the very dodgy sliders, which would become incredibly jumpy overtime.

I own 3 MV-8800s and only had to change the sliders on one of them so far. It was an easy fix.

FWIW, the tact switches on my brand new MPC 2500 only lasted 6 months..

:Sigh:
By loose_t Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:06 pm
I was under the impression it was a nightmare to open up and get to the front of the machine so I never bothered. I had a Yamaha an1x that I used as a midi controller instead.
By Ill-Green Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:16 pm
It is a nightmare but it good to be prepared taking pictures as you take it apart and an icecube tray to put all the various screws.

However, I have my MV8800 since 2009 and the sliders are in A1 condition. Secret is, I vaccuum the panel once a month.:D
By JUKE 179r Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:01 am
I couldn't find the specific MV slider pots on Mouser so I ordered 3 of them at $6.05 apiece from Full Compass online.
By TheUnfuckwithable Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 am
JUKE 179r wrote:I couldn't find the specific MV slider pots on Mouser

That´s because they have been discontinued a long time ago...

JUKE 179r wrote:I ordered 3 of them at $6.05 apiece from Full Compass online.

They would have been cheaper if ordered directly from Roland...

Anyway, be sure to treat them to some Deoxit Fader Lube. :worthy:
By JUKE 179r Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:51 pm
I first hit up Roland and they didn't have any parts I asked for so now I got to source the rest.
My headphone volume, main volume and both record knobs are totally crapping out. Deoxit and taking them totally apart didn't work. :evil:
By Ill-Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:08 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I first hit up Roland and they didn't have any parts I asked for so now I got to source the rest.
My headphone volume, main volume and both record knobs are totally crapping out. Deoxit and taking them totally apart didn't work. :evil:

After Deoxit, you have to spray some Di-Electric on those. Its sprays a silicone coating and keeps terminals and pots from getting re-dirty again.

Instead of Deoxit, you can try CRC Lectra which is stronger but careful with plastic parts, made to clean alternators and transformers. Then spray di-electric.

I had this problem with one of my preamps that the volume, pan and EQ pots were always getting static no matter how many times I took it apart and deoxit. CRC Lectra and Di-Electric did the trick.