Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By igorigy Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am
hello everyone
i read somewhere that the difference between the s3000 and s3000i was that the s3000i came with an internal hdd . is it right ?
on my akai s3000i i can select between the floppy : h and hard disk : a
but when i select the hard disk : a i get a message saying hard disk driver not ready . when i try to format option i get the same message .
does that mean there is not no hard disk or something is wrong with it ?
little precision it already in my setup and patchbay , would love not to have to open it ;-)
thanks a lot
By igorigy Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:02 pm
also
do i need to put a terminator on the scsi of the akai in case it has an internal hdd ?
thanks
By hok-2 Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 am
I own a s3000i also
I believe they just have the capacity to install a hard drive but they don't come as standard
I.e they have a space and screw holes to fit one and a scsi card with a internal 50 pin scsi socket.
So unless some one has installed one at some point you probably haven't got one, I've installed a M.o drive in mine and It works without putting a scsi terminator on the back so it's probably not that either.
My guess is there isn't one installed.
By igorigy Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:11 am
hok-2 wrote:I own a s3000i also
I believe they just have the capacity to install a hard drive but they don't come as standard
I.e they have a space and screw holes to fit one and a scsi card with a internal 50 pin scsi socket.
So unless some one has installed one at some point you probably haven't got one, I've installed a M.o drive in mine and It works without putting a scsi terminator on the back so it's probably not that either.
My guess is there isn't one installed.

thanks
i guess you're right
i think i'll try to find an external hdd or an external zip drive
By hok-2 Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 pm
If you can see underneath on the bottom panel there are two screw holes to the left of the floppy drive that hold the hard drive in place , if you have one fitted.

One thing to bare in mind about scsi hard drives is they're quite noisy, especially the older ones.

Another option other than a Hard drive or a zip is a Magneto optical drive.
They go for about the same price on Ebay.
I have a spare one if you wanna buy it :lol: and your in the U.K.
It's the same make and model as the one I have fitted in my S3000i and it works internally as well as externally.

anyway like I say, you can pick them up relatively cheap online and I think there a more reliable than zips and less noisy than hard drives.