Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By gheddi Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:20 am
Hello people of the MPC Forums

I know this is an MPC forum but I don't know where to ask so do you know of any other hardware samplers coming out this year, besides the Live and X (and Digitakt)? Because the Live and X got me for some time but I have to say that for me, personally the whole DAW-in-a-box thing doesn't really work out. I mean I have a PC if I want my DAW. Back when I used my older MPC3000 it was really about sampling and that's it. Though I respect everyone who thinks that the new DAW-in-a-box concept will work and wish them much fun with it.
Anyway,

do you think AKAI will reissue some oldschool MPC model? Like the 5000 or 2000XL or 60. Of course a bit modernized, more storage, more/other ports and maybe optional battery power or something.

do you think NI is working on a standalone sampler right now? Do you know anything?

do you know about any other new standalone samplers besides the Toraiz, the new Elektron and the mentioned X and Live?

Thanks for reading :)
By Ill-Green Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 am
I guess the Other Samplers forum would be best fitted for this.

The Dave Rossum Assim8tor is another standalone coming but looks for geeks only.

Toraiz SP-16 was suppose to get further updates but I think Pioneer is replanning a new sampler.

Akai says more things are down the pipeline, I don't know but I think its a smaller MPC with OLED screen and on 2.0 Lite.
By Lampdog Mon May 01, 2017 12:38 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I guess the Other Samplers forum would be best fitted for this.

Agreed.
By Kegeratorz Tue May 02, 2017 4:00 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Akai says more things are down the pipeline, I don't know but I think its a smaller MPC with OLED screen and on 2.0 Lite.

This would be tits. Love my 500 but after seeing the sample editing on the digitakt I need a screen.