Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Rugged1 Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 pm
Okey,
so does the s900 with os 4.0 have timestretch or not?
I know theres s900 users who know, so please tell.
Some say yes, but seems like it doesn't..

:hmmm:
By richie Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:18 am
You do realize that there was already a thread asking this same question a few months ago right?
By Rugged1 Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:06 am
No didnt notice that. Also the question was not answered.
and he is asking how to use it and I ask if it even excists.
This is a question that has been asked in more than 5 threads in different forums, but never has no one answered for some reason. I quess this is some type of top secret.
By richie Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:23 am
Yeah honestly, the way you use time stretch is with red wires and a rubber band.
By richie Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 am
@dna9 you need to apologize for being a meanie. It was uncalled for. By the way, that page has errors in it, cool right.

If time stretch some how exists in OS4 then I do find it strange there is NO MENTION of it at all in the OS4 code.

Going to page 14 on the S900 in OS4 brings you to TIME SKEW, unlike TIME STRETCH on the S950. So unless I'm missing something else, I don't know either. Also, Akai ever did state that time stretch was implemented in the OS4 update.

Make of that what you will. Hopefully someone responds with a magic trick to prove everyone wrong.
By Rugged1 Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:13 am
I am pretty sure now it is not really in s900 os4. Its just bad false info in internet. The guy in polynominal probably dont even have used the s900 os4.
Looked through all the options/menus from my 900 many times and theres nothing like that. ..or maybe Im just blind.....
Most likely its only in s950.
By richie Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:49 am
@Rugged1 i looked at OS4's code and was able to read all the pages, there's no time stretch it seems. Thankfully we still have some cool pitch and transpose. I know it's not the same thing but we have other options out there. This may not be what you want to hear but maybe you should pick up a cheap 3000XL or 2000 if you want to do the cyclic stretching.
By Rugged1 Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:49 pm
I mostly have interest only for 12bit samplers.
Well I was originally looking to get the s950, but ended to this s900, so I may just buy the s950 at some point when I have money. 950 has basicly all the things I want/like to have, so its the best option to get for me.
Not sure if I want to sell this s900 thou, because I saw so much effort to get it.
By richie Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:01 am
The S2000/S3000XL reads the S900 disks, so your sampling will still have those artifacts. You'd just be able to manipulate and do more with that as an accessory to your S900.
By mr_debauch Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 am
get an s1000 and call it a day..

also, is there a way to get some EPROMs with OS 4 to swap out somehow? that boot disk shit is annoying... which is why i have never tried it.
By richie Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:06 pm
@mr_debauch hey man, been a while. Anyhow, you'd need the actual source code to attempt to recook it into one set of roms.

Personally, I don't find using the OS4 disk an issue at all. I just leave it in the drive and have my key groups for the 2000, 1000 already set in it. Maybe if I created actual drum disks to have on hand I may feel a little different though man.

Do you not have the OS4 disk?
By mr_debauch Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:00 pm
no i dont. I tried a many years ago to make some... but the OMNI swap thing was not working... i mean it was, but it wasn't. I forget what exactly the hurdle was.