Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm
Yea, it's a shame. Doubt we will see another Roland sampler for a few years, they been using that same tech for well over a decade. They are good at repacking old tech.
Not sure what to make of the other reissues. The new sh 101 seems like it would be useful for modular setups, but even then 300 for cv outs and an arp? Is the sh 101 arp that dope? I know a lot of people loved the 909 reissue, they can stream separate tracks over USB, but I think a lot more could be done on a sampler using the same sounds all in one box.
By starmanwarz Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:45 pm
Hah, it even comes with a loopmasters sticker! (I'm hoping it's a sticker) :Sigh:

That TR08 though.. :nod:
By Cockdiesel Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 pm
You could do some sick stuff feeding a digitakt with the tr-08, or the sh101. I imagine sampling like a 16 step sequence from either to one of the sample tracks on the digi and Plocking the **** out if it.
By Harmoncj Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:47 pm
:hmmm: there are no actual features added to make this any different from the SP404SX. I figured there was some kind of patent link between TR8 and the Sp404a but no its just a MIDI cable.
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:47 pm
Another 404, thats what the A means. I don't know why. They should've made an MV boutique box like a mini SP-606.
By Cockdiesel Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:04 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Another 404, thats what the A means. I don't know why. They should've made an MV boutique box like a mini SP-606.

I agree, they could have an awesome sampling box by now instead of just repackaging old tech. I mean then 404 isn't much different than the 303 which is upgrade from the 202, which is honestly 20 year old tech..... 606 at least had some different features, more of a production piece. I guess they go with the money. I mean I always wanted some of the classic stuff now I could get the few pieces I wanted for all under 1k when they are all dated and over 1k a piece. So I guess there's a small upside, but with tech these days I'm not sure I'd want to deal with all that much vintage stuff.
By richie Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 am
It'll be interesting to see if it's just still the same as the 404SX internally.
By coolderb Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:34 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Hah, it even comes with a loopmasters sticker! (I'm hoping it's a sticker) :Sigh:

That TR08 though.. :nod:

Can the included samples be used freely or do they require a monthly subscription? LMAO

Roland needs to hire some new creative minds
By starmanwarz Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 am
Yeah, they keep recycling old tech, no innovation.. I do have my eyes on the SE-02 though, it sounds amazing!
By mr_debauch Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm
its great news. as long as they keep making this same exact classic machine....... the second hand prices wont exceed the new price. and that HAS happened with the 303.