Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:00 am
Over 16 minutes of audio on the pads in front of you, which all can be sliced and played on the same pads within a touch of a button.
Playing all in sync and all can be timestreched/pitch shifted.... insane shit.
By d2ba Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:51 am
Ill-Green wrote:Everybody releasing updates! Good times rolling in. So glad this update arrived, global mix and 64 second limit were my wants and a couple minor bugs squashed.

2018 gonna be crazy.

Wishlist --streaming of supported audio files from USB just like a CDJ. My suspicion is it could be enabled with a firmware update. then we can use a pair of DJS-1000s rather than CDJs
By d2ba Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 am
Cockdiesel wrote:This is about a month old. Last day of the video project I had. Quick “ trap” style beat. Thought I’d post what the live and toraiz sound like together. I got the analog heat doing some filter sweeps but Its all toraiz and live. Really simple but I think it defines the sound of the two well.

Nice track ---what do you think of Analog Heat on output of MPC-Live and DJS-1000? Im sure a lot of people would be interested to hear if the AH is a secret weapon?
By Cockdiesel Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:46 am
Everything that runs into my live goes through the analog heat first. I’m not sure a good filter is really a secret weapon. Besides sound effects like the filter sweeps, I’m basically using it as an equalizer and saturation.

The outputs of my mixer run into the heat before the live for sampling and recording tracks. Everything is run into the mixer including the aux outs of the live, toraiz, keyboard, etc..

Honestly it’s really helped me because I really suck at mixing. I spent years just making 4 track tapes, then just making weird mixes on my 404 from mpc. I’d recommend an analog filter to anyone. The toraiz ones are nice, a Great feature for a sampler. Although pretty limited compared to the heat.
By Tubedigga Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:54 am
I haven’t sold my MPC Live. It was for sale because in order to progress with my tutorials, I needed to buy the X so I can cover all bases. I’ve decided I shouldn’t have to buy one, it would be nice if Akai could loan one to me which may or may not happen.

I’ve earnt around $150 in ad revenue since being on YouTube, and made about $150 from Skype lessons. It’s not going to pay the bills, or buy any new kit, and I have a daughter. I scrape around to find other work and put a hell of a lot of time and effort into my channel.

Akai have essentially had around 220 days of continuous free advertising from me. I’ve received tons of comments and messages saying how my videos have convinced people to buy the Live and/or X.

I’m still talking to Akai and hopefully they’ll at least loan me an X, but I’ve yet to receive any direct support from them.

Conversely, I contacted Pioneer at the start of this month and literally within a week they had sent me a DJS-1000 to try out. And fair play to them. It’s a fantastic machine, it has very few aspects that can be compared to the MPC Live and they are very different machines. One is not better than the other, it can’t be that general.

Hence why I’ve eased up on the Live tutorials and started making videos on the DJS-1000.

So I’ve not given up on Akai, I’m diversifying. Always open to ideas for tutorials so let me know.

Last edited by Tubedigga on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
By d2ba Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:51 am
Tubedigga wrote:Conversely, I contacted Pioneer at the start of this month and literally within a week they had sent me a DJS-1000 to try out.]

Potential other oppotunities may present themselves with Pioneer DJ UK. Great stuff
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 pm
d2ba wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Everybody releasing updates! Good times rolling in. So glad this update arrived, global mix and 64 second limit were my wants and a couple minor bugs squashed.

2018 gonna be crazy.

Wishlist --streaming of supported audio files from USB just like a CDJ. My suspicion is it could be enabled with a firmware update. then we can use a pair of DJS-1000s rather than CDJs

I think you can do this already while browsing samples. Gotta check, its been a week since I been in the studio, had the flu and now a big concert coming. The loudspeakers at work really make you want quietness at home. But I'll be off weekends now so I'll be back in there.

Cockdiesel wrote:Over 16 minutes of audio on the pads in front of you, which all can be sliced and played on the same pads within a touch of a button.
Playing all in sync and all can be timestreched/pitch shifted.... insane shit.

Already got 5 killer beats for my album, this thing is so there. I really love making beats on the DJS. The Live is staying and will return back to its organ stand, finally fixed up the wet damage and looks brand new again. I will be making an instrumental album with the Live after this huge project I got deadlined for October 2018. The way things are going, I might finished both at the same time.
By Cockdiesel Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 pm
Nice. Look forward to the project Ill.

Tubedigga I didn’t mean to offend, we’re all on the pioneer band wagon too. It’s a good call really the live stuff on YouTube is well represented. The pioneer stuff has a major gap on there. Not a lot of beat making videos at all. It’s cool they did that for you. Wish there was more time for you with the thing.
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm
Yeah I think Tubedigger is doing a great job. Pioneer UK seem more nicer than Pioneer USA. They wouldn't even set up a DJS-1000 forum. Not sure where is the Headquarters, US or Japan but you most likely gotta be a certified DJ to test their products. I think Tubedigger should continue relations with Pioneer UK since he got his foot in already.

Thats the same reason why I never did vids with the Live. I saw what Akai has done in the past with user videos. They mostly post them up at their site and youtube channel but for them its free advertisement. However, I'm surprised Akai hasn't made him a beta-tester considering the following Tube has.
By d2ba Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:04 am
Tubedigga wrote:I haven’t sold my MPC Live. It was for sale because in order to progress with my tutorials, I needed to buy the X so I can cover all bases. I’ve decided I shouldn’t have to buy one

Tubedigga if you can keep the DJS you won't need the MPC-X
contact Pioneer and ask them if you can keep the DJS-1000 in exchange for consultancy and promotion.
1: An advanced You Tube Course on DJS-1000 say Episode 1-10 (they would sell a truckload of units if you can get it up to your MPC-Live courses)
2: An offer to demonstrate the DJS-1000 or future models at trade shows and to offer input on future product design for sampling.
If Akai won't play ball stick with Pioneer and build on that
By Blue Monster 65 Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:41 am
Anyone know how to import projects with the correct samples from other SP-16s into your own? I can load the samples and I can load the projects, but the projects do not include the samples! Kind of frustrated right now ... the first thing I haven't been able to figure out!
By Cockdiesel Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:30 am
Have you tried the project creator software? There also a tubedigga video about it as well I seen. Lol not sure if it will help but it should be similar on the toraiz.