Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:03 pm
Word, they replied. No guarantees but they are looking into it at least. Toraiz is getting an update in June, might be around that time that an update for the DJS will come too.

I voted for the feature btw.
By Rokgod Sat May 19, 2018 9:09 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Icepulse wrote:These posts inflame a GAS that is, frankly, detrimental to my output.

I have the LIVE. With the proper work ethic, I can do anything I want with it. It's a little beast. Between that and my OP-1, I really have all I need.

Instead, I find myself in the "other samplers" forum. NOT good.

I think you will like DJS even though the Toraiz is prefered for production. The only thing missing is a song mode and DS filters though if you can live with that. But this piece is so fluid and liquidity as well as fast. At first, its like a runaway bull terrier puppy that you can't catch who flys under cars and fake lefts to go right. You finally catch him and then you leash him and begin walking with the bully. Suddenly, you realize you flying with him but he obeys you, tell him go straight into the crowd of girls and he'll ram full steam ahead into the crowd of girls. Case closed.

For me, workflow-wise, the Live feels ancient.

Nuff said :mrgreen: :smoker: :mrgreen:

:shock: So this thing can really out-do the mpc live with the right operator behind it???? Please elaborate, workflow is better, are there any major features missing on the DJS1k that would prevent you from completing a beat compared to if the beat was made with a mpc?
By Ill-Green Sun May 20, 2018 5:56 am
Yeah, sampling is limited to 64 seconds each pad. Unlike an MPC where sampling is limited to the capacity of its RAM. Even on the Recorder page, its limited to 64 seconds. Also no song mode...yet.

Other than that, as a sampling box, its the most fluid and slickest I ever used and I've used plenty. I record straight into my DP03 so no song mode doesn't affect me. Everything is in realtime, the DJS built for DJs and I guess thats why I feel its more for Hip Hop because its straight to the point and you can do more than three things at once.

Like I said before in another forum, all you gotta do is test one out using its internal sounds by playing and manipulating them. You'll get a taste of its magic.
By Ill-Green Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 pm
Decksaver now available for the DJS-1000. $75.00 USD. I might buy it, considering that I write lyrics right on top of the machine. Sometimes I hit Play and I'm scared the shit of by my own beats.

By Ill-Green Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:56 am
Time to drop my first Easter egg, I might have found a bunch but I need to update my manual to be sure before creating a list.

HOW TO STOP INDIVIDUAL LOOPING SAMPLES

DJS and TORAIZ owners know that to stop looping samples you simply hit the STOP button, but that stops ALL samples playing. DJS has a MUTE feature but once you mute a pad and decide to utilize, lets say the SLICE feature, the pad is locked in its mute until you activate MUTE again to unmute it. Which means the pad will be unusable until you unmute it.

Now, all that shit is over with. Play as many looping samples as you want and just stop specific pads playing by holding SHIFT and tap the pad you want to stop playing. And boom-biddy-bye-bye, you can continue jamming.

One Plaza Hotel, you're all F***ken welcome!
By Heavie Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:11 pm
Ill-Green wrote:HOW TO STOP INDIVIDUAL LOOPING SAMPLES

DJS and TORAIZ owners know that to stop looping samples you simply hit the STOP button, but that stops ALL samples playing. DJS has a MUTE feature but once you mute a pad and decide to utilize, lets say the SLICE feature, the pad is locked in its mute until you activate MUTE again to unmute it. Which means the pad will be unusable until you unmute it.

Now, all that **** is over with. Play as many looping samples as you want and just stop specific pads playing by holding SHIFT and tap the pad you want to stop playing. And boom-biddy-bye-bye, you can continue jamming.

One Plaza Hotel, you're all F***ken welcome!

Good looking out. I got to give it a try tonight.
By Heavie Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:37 pm
I like to see song mode added to the DJS, like the TORAIZ. Song mode can very useful in a dj set. Like adding extra tracks of music that's ready to be played without editing on the fly. Like launching clips, but it will be a full track.

I guess not to many was sold or caught to much attention. Because, you don't hear anything new as far hype on youtube or a lot talk about it in the forums. Like the DJS was a fly by night deck and it's five minutes of fame has came and gone. I guess somewhere in the future. Someone will put out a video of the DJS-1000 doing something that will gain attention again. Way after production and it will sort after, used on ebay for more than priced now.
By Heavie Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Decksaver now available for the DJS-1000. $75.00 USD. I might buy it, considering that I write lyrics right on top of the machine. Sometimes I hit Play and I'm scared the **** of by my own beats.

That's lot of money for molded plastic. Half price, with shipping and I'm all in. But for now, a bath towel cut in half is how I keep the dust from building up when not in use.
By Ill-Green Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:44 pm
Heavie wrote:I like to see song mode added to the DJS, like the TORAIZ. Song mode can very useful in a dj set. Like adding extra tracks of music that's ready to be played without editing on the fly. Like launching clips, but it will be a full track.

I guess not to many was sold or caught to much attention. Because, you don't hear anything new as far hype on youtube or a lot talk about it in the forums. Like the DJS was a fly by night deck and it's five minutes of fame has came and gone. I guess somewhere in the future. Someone will put out a video of the DJS-1000 doing something that will gain attention again. Way after production and it will sort after, used on ebay for more than priced now.

Word, youtube is cluttered with crap for the DJS. Cats want me to do another Hip Hop vid because I'm only one doing Hip Hop with it. I'm planning a vid, might do a behind the scenes of my upcoming album, produced soley on the DJS, or something. Its a dope machine and ahead of its time. People are using it wrong, its got Hip Hop written all over it because its built for the DJ in mind.

But I like the obscurity of the DJS. It was the same with the BOSS SP-303. That too, was a sampler built for the DJ and everyone passed on it. Then Madlib produces a few tracks with it and becomes the most sought after sampler since the MPC3000. Yeah, keep it underground for now, when heads find out whats up, they'll be on it like flys on molasses.

On Pioneer forums, we are already requesting song mode or at least pattern chaining. My friend says the sales team are angry that development is too slow for the DJS, they know its potential but the higher-ups are the ones that fund the costs but its another case of short arms and deep pockets at Pioneer. Shame.

But get on the Suggestions forum at Pioneer and request song mode. The more the merrier. :smoker:
By Ill-Green Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:56 pm
Heavie wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Decksaver now available for the DJS-1000. $75.00 USD. I might buy it, considering that I write lyrics right on top of the machine. Sometimes I hit Play and I'm scared the **** of by my own beats.

That's lot of money for molded plastic. Half price, with shipping and I'm all in. But for now, a bath towel cut in half is how I keep the dust from building up when not in use.

I was gonna get it, but realized the USB stick has to be removed and I am not fond of removing and replacing USB sticks, slowly killing the slot. A nice coffin should do the trick, travelling and stationery.
By Heavie Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:26 pm
Ill-Green wrote: My friend says the sales team are angry that development is too slow for the DJS, they know its potential but the higher-ups are the ones that fund the costs but its another case of short arms and deep pockets at Pioneer. Shame.

But get on the Suggestions forum at Pioneer and request song mode. The more the merrier. :smoker:

I'm crazy over anything tech, but I'm fed up with buying technology that has to be upgraded. It seem like every time I boot up my PS4, my Xbox One, my PC, my Phone or my tv. There is upgrades waiting to be downloaded with bug fixes and added features, whether I want it or not. DJ Gear and music production gear is a different story. When comes to music technology, it's a long drawn out waiting game and some cases it never happens. There is no way in hell, upgrading firmware or software for music gear is as complicated and costly as a console, PC or a phone. You would think, if you are in business to sell music gear that can be upgraded with bug fixes and new features. That would be any manufactures main priority after releasing a product. But what do I know, I'm only a consumer.
By Ill-Green Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:05 pm
I hear that man. Every brand new game got me waiting to play because it came with an undercover update. Then after that, its gonna take another 10 minutes for the game to upload. I hate that.

You are right, I am disappointed in Pioneer. When I ask other long time Pioneer heads, they say its the usual, so this been going on for a while. The only marketing I ever saw was when they released it back in Oct '17 and the tutorials. Other than that, its like they trying to hide it. :WTF:
By chino Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:38 pm
@Ill Green... I'm still searching for the perfect sampler to play out live with. I'm use to the workflow of the MV8800 but it's just too big & bulky to take out to gigs. It is also too slow to load in samples & projects. I know your familiar with the MV8800 workflow so I have a couple questions...

What is the max USB size that the DJS-1000 can use-32GB or 64GB/128GB? Does it have the same 8gb internal RAM as the Toraiz? Is the overall workflow similar to the MV8800 or SP? My bad with all the questions but researching on Pioneer's forum is no help! It's almost like Pioneer is trying to hide the detailed specs/workflow from potential buyers.

I appreciate any help that you can provide!