Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Blue Monster 65 Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 am
The other thing is that I don't really care about sampling. I'm happy with drum sounds and some synth stuff; one hit things, I guess. I could care less about grabbing a chunk off a record, though I'm impressed with guys who do (Ill - I'm looking at you here).

Or maybe I'm giving up too quickly? I DON'T KNOW YET!!! ARGH!!!!
By Cockdiesel Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm
I think at some point we all are. The whole grass is greener thing, consumerism doesn’t help much in that regard. It’s easy to overlook how powerful these machines are, as I use them I continue to have my mind blown with differnt options the offer.
By Blue Monster 65 Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Agreed. To be honest, I often look for instruments that have some limitations, so I don’t go down the rabbit hole, you know?

I think - I know - I was much more productive back in the day with a Korg MicroPreset and a Boss DR-110!
By Cockdiesel Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:44 am
Looks like the pioneers are going down in price again. Seen ones going for 800 or so a few months back, back down to 900.

I’m on the other side blue, I want to just focus on the live and the emu but the toraiz just begs to shine. I don’t have to sell it and the only reason I contemplate it is because I want my workspace more streamlined. The live is the perfect workflow for me. But the pioneer is that side piece that you just can’t get enough of.

However like you said I’m way more productive with using just the live than anything I have used before. In many ways the toraiz is so much doper than the live, but right now all the extras I got going on are more like distractions. Time is limited for me. I gotta be focused.
By Cockdiesel Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:54 am
This is about a month old. Last day of the video project I had. Quick “ trap” style beat. Thought I’d post what the live and toraiz sound like together. I got the analog heat doing some filter sweeps but Its all toraiz and live. Really simple but I think it defines the sound of the two well.

By Blue Monster 65 Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:06 am
Oh, this is FUN!!! Updated the firmware after an hour of playing - I hadn't realized it before then! I've yet to crack a manual. Granted, I have watched a few videos, but mostly I've been poking around. Very neat machine - immediate and easy to get around on.

I've yet to A/B it with my Live, but so far, so good. They might just pair up pretty well ...
By Ill-Green Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 am
@Cockdiesel-Dope beat man, which elements came from the Live and the Toraiz? I think the kicks are Pioneer and the rest are Live :mrgreen:

I always loved barebone samplers. I got into the MV because I thought it was a king-sized SP, Roland never really advertised it as the DAW/Synth/Sampler machine that it is, but just as a beat machine, which was stupid of them keeping all that power secret. However, when I discovered all that it can do, I just found myself utilizing the Audio Phrases and resampling, a lot. Have no need for the extra muscle.

The Live has proven to be a fun DAW in the lines of Logic. Really cool to pinch waveforms and chop them to fit by finger. Though the Audio Tracks are not as flexible as the MV's but its workable.

All in all, been looking for a sampler like the DJS for years, since 1998 :nod: It does all that I need for samples and then some. Its not complete like an MPC, but I do fine without all the Ableton extras. Sampling and making beats is its main focus, and I love its old school in an up-to-date workflow and format. Its a fun box indeed and I have nothing but anticipation for future Pioneer samplers.
By Cockdiesel Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:49 pm
Yea, don’t get me wrong the Toriaz can mak some gutter/grimey or crisp drums too. It’s just easier for me to work this way.

I love the lush sound it gives stuff. Did some really grimey drums the other day with toriaz too. Those filters are so key for me to dial in the sound I want.