Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By d2ba Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 pm
i have bad news for DJS-1000 owners
Check your samples they are all coming out in 16 bit rather than expected 24 bit ---this is a bug in the new firmware. Live sampling mode is affected --regular sampling the sampling is 24 bit.
Big time bug I'm amazed no one else has discovered this
By d2ba Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 pm
Anyone considering getting a pair of DJS-1000s and a DJM mixer and playing some gigs with this equipment.
its ideal as there are really good options from the likes of UDG for cases for easy transport.
By Ill-Green Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:23 pm
d2ba wrote:i have bad news for DJS-1000 owners
Check your samples they are all coming out in 16 bit rather than expected 24 bit ---this is a bug in the new firmware. Live sampling mode is affected --regular sampling the sampling is 24 bit.
Big time bug I'm amazed no one else has discovered this

Sunuvagun, I'm gonna check this out. I thought the converters were a permanent thing. Good to know, I'll see whats up tonight.
By Ill-Green Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm
d2ba wrote:DJS-1000 supports SD cards which makes it idea sampling device for Roland TR-8S. I tested this 100% with this product---you need this special USB stick to hold your SD card
https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-396

Yeah this a dope idea d2ba! Sample, chop, trim in the DJS and then toss em into the TR8S. Saves time than transfering to a computer.
By d2ba Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:17 am
Ill-Green wrote:
d2ba wrote:DJS-1000 supports SD cards which makes it idea sampling device for Roland TR-8S. I tested this 100% with this product---you need this special USB stick to hold your SD card
https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-396

Yeah this a dope idea d2ba! Sample, chop, trim in the DJS and then toss em into the TR8S. Saves time than transfering to a computer.

Im rethinking the DJS-1000 + TR-8S combo. The brief play i had with the TR8S although sounded great back to 90's small LCDs and a huge learning curve?
All this leaves me with a big headache should i keep the MPC-X and use the DJS-1000 + MPC-X combo rather than above?
The DJS has also helped me get over my writers block and I'm back making music
Last edited by d2ba on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By d2ba Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:26 am
I reckon Pioneer will bump up the price on the DJS-1000 if the unit becomes popular.Fact its almost half the price of a CDJ-2000 NSX2 and DJS is way more sopisticated (they share common parts) .! i cannot understand how Pioneer can justify the price of 2000 NSX2 next to the DJS-1000. What do you guys think?
By Blue Monster 65 Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:50 pm
I doubt they would bump up the price. Musical instrument prices are not commodity-priced and tend not react to market fluctuations as you are saying. What could make the price go up would be an increase (and it would have to be drastic) in the price/availability of some component that couldn’t be swapped out for another without major design change.

How do you know they share common parts? I’m just curious here.

I do agree with you on the TR-8S not coming home with me at this time. While it’s cool, I’m just not sold on it ... yet ...
By Icepulse Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm
These posts inflame a GAS that is, frankly, detrimental to my output.

I have the LIVE. With the proper work ethic, I can do anything I want with it. It's a little beast. Between that and my OP-1, I really have all I need.

Instead, I find myself in the "other samplers" forum. NOT good.
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:37 pm
Icepulse wrote:These posts inflame a GAS that is, frankly, detrimental to my output.

I have the LIVE. With the proper work ethic, I can do anything I want with it. It's a little beast. Between that and my OP-1, I really have all I need.

Instead, I find myself in the "other samplers" forum. NOT good.

I think you will like DJS even though the Toraiz is prefered for production. The only thing missing is a song mode and DS filters though if you can live with that. But this piece is so fluid and liquidity as well as fast. At first, its like a runaway bull terrier puppy that you can't catch who flys under cars and fake lefts to go right. You finally catch him and then you leash him and begin walking with the bully. Suddenly, you realize you flying with him but he obeys you, tell him go straight into the crowd of girls and he'll ram full steam ahead into the crowd of girls. Case closed.

For me, workflow-wise, the Live feels ancient.

Nuff said :mrgreen: :smoker: :mrgreen:
By d2ba Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:37 pm
DJS-1000 Song Mode update with ability to export stems complete song length ? How can we approach Pioneer to release this critical feature?
(SP-16 has this feature already and it is likely there but commented out in firmware in DJS-1000)
Please support this proposal by commenting here if u would like this feature added

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/c ... al-feature