Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JJG Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:48 am
Hey guys so the other day I started to sample on my asr 10 and my samples sounded different on my asr 10 like it had more kick and sounded like a beast but the disk that I had in it was the OS disk and I deleted some stuff on it cuz I really liked my sample but when I turned it off and samples on my asr it sounded different it sounded really weak like it didn’t have that kick anymore can someone explain what I need to do to fix it?!?!. Do I need a new OS disk?!?!
Thanks
By JJG Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:50 am
Sorry but I’m really disparate to get some answers I was on my shit bruh
And it’s killing my mood like I haven’t been making music cuz of this issue
By tapedeck Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:19 pm
yer os has nothing to do with it, you did something different somewhere.
By richie Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:47 am
Make sure you're not using Akai cables on your ASR-10 or the drums will sound different.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:35 am
Never save anything other than OS on OS disk. Standard practice.
What did you delete? Asr10 is ALL manual, nothing is automatic, you work for what you get out of it.
It sounds fatter because it’s older electronics and EMU has always had that “sound color” going for them.
By Living Bate Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:11 am
JJG wrote:when I turned it off and samples on my asr it sounded different it sounded really weak like it didn’t have that kick anymore

Have you definitely turned it back on?

sometimes when i turn my shit off, unless i remember to turn it back on it tends to sound a bit different...

like a lot quieter.....pretty much inaudible

check your power switch
By Lampdog Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:50 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By tapedeck Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:15 pm
Wal Martian wrote:
Lampdog wrote: EMU has always had that “sound color”

Image :WTF:

haha i get em backwards sometimes too :mrgreen:
By Lampdog Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:03 pm
Yeah, that’s what I meant, I was thinking this but wrote that. :(
By golden-era Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:31 pm
Long long time asr head here and I am not sure but is it as something as simple as you put a L.P. filter on your wave samples causing it to sound muffled? Or did you accidentally lower the sound of your wave samples.

One tip to save you mad head aches. Learn to love the edit event command! Essentially equivalent to mpc step edit.

And if you guys ever need an asr repaired I sent mine to Soniq out in Cali and he tuned it up cleaned it etc. I played engineer on my 1st asr and botched it. And he was not expensive outside shipping. A bit of a language barrier but guy was legit.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:39 am
golden-era wrote:.... as simple as you put a L.P. filter on your wave samples causing it to sound muffled?

Yep, THIS what you described, is the “Low End Theory”.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130849
By Cockdiesel Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:36 am
So mine froze tonight and won’t load up atm. I’m guessing it might be a fuse or something. I’m leaving it off for awhile and will mess with it later. Any one else run into this?