Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:17 pm
Ok. Everything seems to be back to normal with my asr.

The disk drive works after finding the os disk, which is good to know.

It also wasn’t the scsi drive as that’s now working fine.

After talking to the guy I got the scsi 2 sd from he said that sometimes his gets all wacky and when he takes it apart it will magically work again even if he doesn’t change anything. Seems to be the case for my unit as well.

It wouldn’t load up the os from disk or scsi but I took the back off to see if all the connections were tight, etc and put it back on. Like magic it’s working better than before... for now.

Pretty stoked I got my keyboard back.
By golden-era Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:10 pm
Diesel,

Just for future reference if you have any big ASR issues I know i found it difficult finding someone in my area to work on it. I took a leap of faith sent it to Soniq out in San Jose, Cali and the guy was really affordable. Biggest pain in the process was shipping the monster out there. I got mine back in mint shape. Guy seems like the Bruce Forat of ASRs.
By Cockdiesel Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:14 pm
I’ve tried to contact him before because I would like to install a new power transformer but was never able to get ahold of him. I can deal with the subtle hum mine has for awhile. I got mine on the cheap knowing I would need to work on it at some point. So far some quirks here and there but it seems the more I use it the more solid it has been.

I’m on the other side of the us and for the price of shipping I could get close to the price of a used unit that I could scrap parts from. However, if I was closer I would definitly use his services. If I could have got ahold of him.
By richie Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:03 am
What about installing the new power supply yourself?
By Cockdiesel Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:10 am
That’s what I intended, I was just trying to get a new part from him. No response phone or email.
By golden-era Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:38 am
Interesting would be nice to know if there were any guys like him on the east coast i would imagine there must be. I need my SP1200 repaired but hesitant to trust anyone but Forat in Calif.
By Sense-A Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:53 pm
Can you explain or link to where you were explaining your problem in detail? I have three ASR-10's and have been working with them for nearly 20 years. I might be able to help.

Are you sure the heat issues are related to faulty transformers or power supplies? The heat comes from the area the memory (RAM) is in on the other side of the keyboard.

The guy at TheSoniq is a certified professional when it comes to Ensoniq ASR-10s. He's fixed at least one of my ASR-10s. But as mentioned, the cost of shipping the keyboard there and back is half the cost of buying a used one again. I hate to see ASR-10's parted out or junked, though. Let's save as many of them as we can.