Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By amenphetamine Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:30 pm
Can someone who owns or has experience with S1000 confirm, whether you can monitor incoming audio regardless of the page you are in?

For example, MPC60 can monitor audio from any screen if the "Monitor" field is set to "ON" in "Sample New Sound" page. MPC3000 does not have this feature, and you can monitor the audio only from the "Sample New Sound" page.

S1000 manual says:
Monitor
The "monitor" parameter allows you to choose how you will listen to the recorded source as it is passed through the S1000 ("audio THRU"). Setting this parameter to OFF will never allow the sound to be passed through the S1000 to the outputs (if you're recording with a microphone and want to avoid feedback) - and setting it ON will always pass it through to the outputs. Setting it to AUTO will enable the input signal to be passed through only when recording a sample or preparing to do so (in the REC2 page).

What I'm not getting is if parameter "ON" allows to monitor audio from "EDIT SAMPLE" pages only, or really from any page à la MPC60.

Anyone?
By amenphetamine Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:32 pm
I just scored an old S1000KB AKA The Mammoth for a great price.

It indeed allows to pass audio from any page with option to pass it thru the record page only or turn it completely off.

Wicked machine!!
By richie Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:13 pm
@Zwukolow make sure you update get the OS 4.4 EPROM upgrade to take advantage of other sample formats and the improved SCSI protocol. I also sometimes take advantage of Recycle, let it chop and send a program with auto assigned key groups in a matter of seconds.

If you don't feel like getting the EPROM, you could use the 4.4 boot disk which will be just as fine I guess.
By amenphetamine Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:10 pm
Yes, I'm going to get a new set of 4.4 OS chips and also need to modify a mobo to accept 8MB RAM modules.
Also scored an Atari STE with Cubase and Notator, gonna to pair them together. Junglist massive!! :nod: :mrgreen: :smoker:
By richie Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 pm
I believe the 8mb ram thing was just a jumper you would have to solder to enable the upper addressing, i'm not 100% sure though as it's been a while.

Congratulations on the STE. I hope it didn't cost you much. The timing on that thing is even more accurate than the MPC 60 / 3000 / 4000.
By amenphetamine Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 pm
Richie sorry for late respond, I haven't been active on the forums since your last reply.
You're correct about the jumpers, you need to solder them and cut a trace on the board afterwards.
I've paid around 70 quids for the STE, not so bad IMHO. Waiting for RAM chips to max it out to 4MB.
By richie Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 am
@Zwukolow did you manage to do the modification to get the ram to read?

As for the STE, it's hardly a complaint to find one at that price.
By amenphetamine Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:15 pm
No, later I've found that it's already done, so it wasn't needed in the end. But it's quite a simple modification.
I'm very happy about the STE, as it's in a very nice condition and they tend to go for much more than I've paid.