Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Farooq Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:43 am
I basically want to expand the voices of my Roland boutique by sampling my patches into the akai s950 (s950 I think has 8 voices Roland has 4). It would also allow to me use more than one timbre without the use of an another sequencer on top of the 2000xl (the only sequencer I use right now) and or sampling into the MPC 2000xl (the perils of using mono-timbre synths).

I just want to know if anyone samples patches from their synths into the s950 regularly as part of their setup? Any tips?
By Cockdiesel Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:31 am
I sampled my boutiques into my live and sold them. I haven’t transferred mine over to the asr or emax yet, but I intend to. I sampled c and f all the way up and they turned out decent but these were the simpler boutiques. The d05 I still have because I have like a million patches for it. I’m not a 950 user but I imagine if you did most of your editing on pc or something that samples easier, it would make things easier on the 950. The asr won’t be too bad to transfer over but it would be tedious on the emax. I bet that 950 will give an awesome sound to what ever keygroups you make on it.