Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Kegeratorz Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 pm
$89, Looks bad ass.

https://www.teenageengineering.com/prod ... etal#po-33

Specs from TE site

PO-33 K.O.

micro sampler with 40 second
sample memory and built-in
recording microphone.

microphone for sampling NEW!
8 melodic sample slots NEW!
8 drum slots NEW!
sequencer
16 effects
parameter locks
40 seconds sample memory NEW!
built-in speaker
3.5mm audio I/O
jam sync
animated LCD display
folding stand
break away lock tab
clock + alarm clock
battery powered (2xAAA)
1 month battery life
2 year standby time
By nicokas Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:27 am
nobody here talks about this sampler?
I fell in love with this little machine ... this gadget is really well thought out in its design and use it is fun, fun, fun!
By NearTao Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:08 am
Keith's Lard wrote:Aye, been looking at this lately, **** looks fun and mad unorthodox. What's the sequencer like?

Surprised there is not much talk... guess everybody who cares is over at op-forums.

The sequencer is *super* simple... just a straight up 16 notes per measure, or if you can afford to double your bpm you can get 32 notes per measure, but then each pattern is only half a measure. Standard fair for older sample heads. There is per note FX you can apply, such as pitch, filter/res, etc... but you cannot really do a filter sweep in the traditional sense... so if you can do a per 16th note sweep, but if you massively jump the filter every step, it'll sound harsher than you might intend... or maybe that's what you want :D

The feature set is pretty limited, so it isn't too hard to get your head around most of it. There are undocumented features that can get you a few other things not explained in the manual if you end up wanting to dig around. The 40 seconds sample time may sound like a lot, but it can go fast. The biggest hog is going to be loops, so you'll either be limiting what loops you bring in to chop, or you're going to double down on old school tricks.

Example Tricks:
Pitch up sound when you record in, then pitch it down when you play it to decrease the sample time usage.
Instead of sampling single hits, double up... ie, no kick, snare, hat... just kick/hat and snare/hat for example.
Sample frequency rich content, then Low Pass and pitch down to make it a bass, or High Pass and pitch up to make it a lead.
Sample into Melody slot, then trim what you want and paste it to a different sample slot. Then delete original sample.
By NearTao Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40 am
fobedafied wrote:https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=192500

:-D

I saw that too, while a cool topic... cats talking about blinging out the PO-33? :hmmm:

Just playing, but not quite the same as talking about using the device :)
By fobedafied Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:52 am
lol. the mpc case is what caught my attention with these things. mind was blown when i saw a Dibiase post with a couple of em synced or whatev. yea, im a nub. :oops: :P :mrgreen:

NearTao wrote:Example Tricks:
Pitch up sound when you record in, then pitch it down when you play it to decrease the sample time usage.
Instead of sampling single hits, double up... ie, no kick, snare, hat... just kick/hat and snare/hat for example.
Sample frequency rich content, then Low Pass and pitch down to make it a bass, or High Pass and pitch up to make it a lead.
Sample into Melody slot, then delete original sample

good schit yo! :nod: :worthy:
By NearTao Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am
I mean, the MPC-33 case looks dope, I do wonder how responsive it is though. Have to see if there are any YouTube or instagram videos of somebody actually using it. The silicone case is really good as is...