Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 pm
16 pads would be nice.

It should have options to change the frequency rate from 11kHz, 22kHz, 32kHz and 44.1kHz and bit rates from 8 bit, 12 bit, 16 bit and 24 bit for each pad as well as a master setting.

Pitch tuning for each pad.

2 to 3 effects for each pad.

12 to 16 polyphony would be efficient.

Sample editing should be basic of start, loop, end points, volume, panning, pitch tune, filters and maybe pitch-shift.
By Harmoncj Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:25 pm
peeping tom wrote:yeah SP404 engine but with a MPC style sequencer, in an MPC style case :D

I was going to say this but zoom sampletrak.

same idea though, somethign with effects and editing by knob/slider. but you really cant beat the mpc sequencer
By mr_debauch Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 am
I think a cool simple box with features like the SP 202/303/404, akai s20 and sampletrak .. portable with battery power.. built in mic is cool... keeping it simple is great. However, easier to build and edit sequences a bit nicer, make your full beat and transfer it to the computer or connect to your phone through wireless or usb... it would be cool to be able to record your whole song you sequenced out with added stuff you do on the fly and the result is saved to internal storage. A little all in one eco system to make cool stuff....
By v00d00ppl Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:41 am
Decimort 2 has a good ASR10 , S20, and studio 440 emulation.

The best parts are the resample knob, freq shifting, and frequency deviation. Did I mention it maps to the push 2 controller knobs.

When I'm too lazy to turn on the EPS, SP, etc my hands will reach for this plugin.

If you practice resampling just by a few notches, freq shifting, and deviation you can really give the audio source its own Lodi character that you might spend hours on a machine on.

http://d16.pl/decimort2
By Jesusgetstheglory777333 Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:36 am
I owned an s20 back in the 90s it was my first introduction to sampling and i used it like crazy. I mainly would try to copy daft punk style disco beats with a 4/4 bass drum and loop disco loops on top. It was fun just to be able to mash the buttons and reverse the beat when needed and stuff. I really wish i still had one. But an mpc beats the crap out of that you can do basically the same thing and much better. But if I had an s20 right now I would make some beats with it. I like illgreens idea of the different bit and sample rate per pad. That would definately make some awesome sounds.
By jpeg Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 am
roland really dropped the ball they had all the previous history with the mv's and the sp606 & 303 to make something really dope portable.

but they just put all they energy into those horrible aria models.

fools
By golden-era Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:18 pm
I would love a 30 key analog ASR or EPS remake. Obviously with improved memory, lo-fi grit like the EPS. Perhaps add MPC swing functionality although if you know what you are doing ASR can swing as much. Also time stretch capability. To me pads are not a necessity at all.

That thing would kill.
By Headphones Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 am
I’ve got a 224, S20, SP202 & SP505, and I’m in the process of getting my first MPC, the MPC 1000. My 505 needs to be repaired, but I would want a SP555 if I could get a deal on one. If not, a SP404 would do the job.

But as far as a lo-fi sampler, there’s always the Yamaha SY100.
By Wormhelmet Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 pm
I love the sound of my Zoom Sampletrak. I’d be interested in one that had updated capacity and speeds and didn’t use bit crush to emulate lofi. Just native lofi. In a couple options up to 32kHz

Sample track at 22kHz and 32 kHz sounds nice
By JVC Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:27 pm
I used to have Korg Electribe ES-1. It was great for creating simple beats. () I found it it was really intuitive, once you understand the workflow. You can assign only 8 or 9 samples, but each sequence would have its own samples assigned (unlike MPC, which programs and sequences are independent), so you can assign different samples on each sequence, therefore you can a lot more than 8 or 9 samples for your “Song”.
I liked the size (but heavier than it looks), and I also liked that it had flash memory!
Elektron Digitakt might be have similar workflow, with tons of features and better sound quality, but I don’t think I can buy such expensive machine…

I don’t really care for “lo-fi” (I don’t believe that SP-1200 sound charactor has a lot to to with mere bitrate / KHz rate).
I’d like to sampling machine with high-resolution, and great sound effects. I like see more step sequencing samplers.