Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By cherchepoutipoupou Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:53 am
Hey there!

I got an S3000XL yesterday. Very excited about it.
Only thing is, I can't see anything on the screen unless I'm no more than a feet away from it. I saw on eBay there was LCD replacement but it costs like 200 bucks... I have not that type of money for a screen (that's about the price I paid for the entire sampler)

I saw a replacement backlight on eBay, which is 20$ - that I could pay. But I'm not sure if it is the part I need.

How can I know if it is a backlight problem, or the whole screen?
Now, when I put the display on, there's a constant 3 kHz. Then, turning the display contrast, nothing appears until 10 o'clock, and it has its full lights on at about noon.

Does anyone knows if the replacement backlight would do the trick? Is there any test I can do to make sure it's that problem?
The guy told me he would take the sampler back if I experienced problems with it... I'd rather do it the faster possible if I have to. Paying an extra 200$ is out of the equation for me right now.

Thanks
By richie Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:51 am
If the backlight was the issue, you'd still be able to see text on the screen when adjusting the contrast clockwise to the right.

Take a flashlight and put it on the screen, if you can see text then the LCD is fine, otherwise there may be another fault with the 3000XL.

To see if the actual 3000XL has some cpu functions in it, you can turn it on and press the PLAY button in the bottom right side to play the test tone.
By cherchepoutipoupou Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:48 am
I haven't been accurate enough in my explanation. I can actually see the menu and do everything I want to through the sampler's screen, but the characters are so light that I have to be like under a feet close from the screen to read properly.

So as I understand it from what you say, I guess I would be okay just getting a new backlight, right?

Thanks for the fast answer! I'm happy I can keep the sampler :D