Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By tapedeck Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:24 pm
only about a minute in and woa....here we go.

same circuit model tech, includes ALL the machines so far, sampling option, and new models based on the circuit model tech?
polyrhtymic sequencing - didnt expect that
motion sequence recording
128 patterns w / 8 subpatterns per
substeps / microtiming
semi-algorithmic drum fills

for a 'basic' drum machine this looks pretty badass.

roland finally pushing into new territory.
:popcorn:
Last edited by tapedeck on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cockdiesel Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:28 pm
Does have a good sound. Seems like what I was expecting with the digitakt.
More competition the better, Nice to see really. Wonder how much it’ll be.
From the sound on the video it seems a lot better than the digitakt. Could be wrong though.
By vwkountz Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:25 pm
Why Akai!!! This unit is hundreds less and it supports audio outputs via usb without loading software. After, some research this feature is available on Zoom L12 and the Roland MX1. :WTF: :Sigh:
Last edited by vwkountz on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cockdiesel Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm
I use the midi outs on the live everyday...
This isn’t in the same league as the live or toriaz in my book. Maybe a digitakt killer because it will ship without need of updates, but I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.

Edit: could’ve sworn it said midi. Either way this thing can’t sample only load samples...
By vwkountz Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:38 pm
That was my bad I meant to say audio outputs via usb.
By Cockdiesel Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:22 pm
It’ll come bro. My sp555 I had for years could sample over usb. Not the best quality but it could still do it, almost 10 years ago it seems.
By Ill-Green Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:44 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:It’ll come bro. My sp555 I had for years could sample over usb. Not the best quality but it could still do it, almost 10 years ago it seems.

Shit, how about thirteen years ago with the SP-606.

Pretty cool, not as beautiful as my DJS-1000, but pretty cool :mrgreen:
By Blue Monster 65 Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 pm
Yeah; this might be sitting next to my SP-16 soon. They’re in stock at Sweetwater tomorrow. A little road trip might be in order later this week. :)
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:00 am
I think that would be a cool setup, blue. The tr for drums and toriaz with melody duties or any more indepth sampling stuff. I bet it would sound awesome. They really seem to have upgraded the effects since I last messed a Roland.

Could also see a lot of ableton guys dropping samples into this and messing with stuff away from the daw.
By d2ba Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:50 am
I reckon there will be a buyers frenzy for this machine for the rest of 2018. Street price is lower than MAP of USD$699
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:57 pm
Meh... I'll stick with my real TR-808. :lol:

naw... it's pretty cool. 8)
By Blue Monster 65 Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:13 am
Oooo ... 808!

Wish I still had mine ... I sold it back in 1984 to buy a DR-110 ... seriously! Sigh ... the folly of youth ...
By Ian Canefire Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:38 am
sounds nice but me thinks it's overpriced.

i have owned so much roland gear that i can see why a newbie to roland might want this and an older roland head might not be sold on it.

ask yourself whether this is better than spending slightly more to get a dsi Tempest. used tempest is $1100.

or whether you should get a workstatiin like a fantom x. used fantom x now is less than this new 808.

i had the tr8 it was cool. i sold it. great for keeping our band in sync as an in the background metronome. also an easy way to make patterns.

i got my tr8 used for US$300 and sold it for the same amount a year ago.

the dr808 is better than a tr8. if the price was lower then i would be done.

peace
ian