Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By flextone Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:04 pm
Hi there,

I'm searching for hardware that can achieve this. In software it's obviously easier but I'm wondering if you can think of any hardware sampler that has the ability to trigger samples with an LFO. Is this possible in any Akai or maybe Emu hardware units? Might be possible with Emu IIRC. I've tried looking in the Akai Z8 manual and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
By tapedeck Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:09 pm
elektron machinedrum can do something similar - i haven't tested it too much but it does work.

i can immediately think of a hack to do this on the machinedrum - set up an machine with a constant tone, set a volume lfo on this, then route that sound to an individual output. then plug that output back into one of the inputs. now set up the md input to respond to level on that input and to trigger another machine. that would work, i've done this once in a live context and it worked well.
By flextone Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:12 pm
Alright thanks! I had a hunch Elektron would be on this list but I'm more interested in "proper" samplers or MPCs.

Cheers.
By flextone Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 am
OK thanks.

How about note-repeat? I used an MPC3000 and currently a JJOS 1000, but maybe the 4000 has a "free running" note repeat? i.e not quantized? Any 4K users out there?