Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Monotremata Sat May 23, 2020 4:58 pm
Man I want one of these so bad to go with my Microwave and Blofeld!! When I was at NAMM in 2018 they only had two there on the floor and Richard Devine kept hogging one of them, and my girlfriend wouldn't let me go push this little kid off the second one to try it so never did get to touch one. They were mixed in with the Korg stuff so I had to sit and play the Prologue instead and those guys never left the damn Quantams alone hah.
By CharlesRandolph Sat May 23, 2020 5:25 pm
Monotremata wrote:Man I want one of these so bad to go with my Microwave and Blofeld!! When I was at NAMM in 2018 they only had two there on the floor and Richard Devine kept hogging one of them, and my girlfriend wouldn't let me go push this little kid off the second one to try it so never did get to touch one. They were mixed in with the Korg stuff so I had to sit and play the Prologue instead and those guys never left the damn Quantams alone hah.

:lol: I bet Richard Devine has 4 of them. He's really a truly a lover of gear and sound and I appreciate that.

My next pieces are Waldorf Kyra paired with the Soundwell Dek.
By Monotremata Sat May 23, 2020 7:30 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote: :lol: I bet Richard Devine has 4 of them. He's really a truly a lover of gear and sound and I appreciate that.

My next pieces are Waldorf Kyra paired with the Soundwell Dek.

I really wish you could hear what he was doing with it. It was all headphones on the Waldorf and Korg stations at NAMM so he was in his own little world there. The modular side of the building was awful though. Those guys ALL have speakers set up, you get assaulted by 1000 terrible modular bleep bloopers at once in there its a nightmare. Dieter Doepfer wanders around in a Doepfer lab coat though he's rad.
By CharlesRandolph Sat May 23, 2020 8:38 pm
Monotremata wrote:
I really wish you could hear what he was doing with it. It was all headphones on the Waldorf and Korg stations at NAMM so he was in his own little world there. The modular side of the building was awful though. Those guys ALL have speakers set up, you get assaulted by 1000 terrible modular bleep bloopers at once in there its a nightmare. Dieter Doepfer wanders around in a Doepfer lab coat though he's rad.

That the reason I prefer AES over NAMM. Less people and easier to talk to shop. I stay away from the modular all together, too easy to get trapped in that world. :lol: Getting the Waldorf Kyra and calling it a day.