Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Neurone Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:00 pm
Lampdog wrote:I open to new and old. I’ve used a OG Model D before, many times, Currently use the official Moog Model D app on ipad and Akai Mini D on MPC X. I like all of them. I use whatever I feel like using that day.
There is a difference, that difference is so small, not even worth detailing in conversation.

Amen.
Whatever makes a noise I like is in with a chance.
By 83dude Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:35 pm
In my opinion some things just apply to the „feel“ of an instrument. If I pick up my first guitar, that DOES feel different from any other one I pick up. Same goes with microphones, other gear and softwares. If you have got an emotional attachment, it feels different indeed.

But alas, different things are just that - different. You can‘t drive a Fiat and make it a Ferrari, but it might feel that way anyways. And emotional things will always be subjective no matter what you do. If you feel a US Moog sounds better, that usually just meets your habitual emotions. But as always, one grows up.

I compare it e.g. to video games I enjoyed as a teen. Nowadays, those games occasionally feel sh*t, because their controls are clunky, graphics are outdated and such; that feeling will never come back. And that emotional thing is probably the reason why you still listen to the songs you enjoyed when you were 15. These feels are too subjective to apply to others.