Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By LivePsy Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:10 am
xantus wrote:
LivePsy wrote:yeah right. Calling someone conserative in Asheville does not mean 'unwilling to change' which isn't even the correct meaning. The post was loaded with grievance. :)

look at the guy who posted it. Location: UK.
that aside... it's hilarious that you can't even entertain the fact that they might have included "who are unwilling to change" to emphasize the fact that they weren't just trying to bash republicans.
honey, YOU are loaded with grievance, :popcorn:

The characterisation that conservatives do not want to change is nonsense. It stuck out and of course somehow its all about me.
By Lampdog Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:44 am
LivePsy wrote:The characterisation that conservatives do not want to change is nonsense. It stuck out and of course somehow its all about me.

Nope, your aiight, you do what you do.

By xantus Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:57 pm
LivePsy wrote:The characterisation that conservatives do not want to change is nonsense. It stuck out and of course somehow its all about me.

lol, you made the first joke about it right after the inital comment was made.. and then doubled down on it.
would we even be on this silly-ass convo tangent if you hadn't done that? ;)
By Ultros Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:13 pm

Tbh I admire this dudes ruthlessness. Buy it up when they are down. Owning a company like moog is a big ass W for inMusic. I cant wait to see what's released under the moog name now. They own so many good companies within that brand you can build a pro audio rig for less than 10k. 2023 is good. This dude is our friend people just haven't figured it out. He saves us A LOT of money.
By 83dude Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:52 pm
Sorry, but could you PLEASE cut out the political discussions? This is supposed to be a forum for MPCs, for fork‘s sake.

By the way, I don‘t know whether lay-offs at Moog constitute an MPC Standalone thread. Could this original topic please be moved to a more convenient sub-forum if it‘s considered helpful to the community?

Sorry for the rant, but this thread has long gone off-topic and has done so since page one. Other than that, the topic discussed belongs anywhere but a focussed forum. I have been toxic here often enough, but this discussion is tedious and redundant at it‘s best!
By terry towelling Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:35 am
maybe the business practices at Moog where unsustainable in the current market -- but that's probably exactly what made Moog synths so damn good.
It was a wonderful run. A company that made beautiful, innovative machines that are a joy to use and changed music. And a company that made their stuff locally, employing locals.

sure, a good company might be one that makes itself lots of money. but that hardly means the stuff they make is any good. did the mpc3000 make more money than the mpc 1000? I don't know. But knowing the answer to that question would not make me buy an mpc1000 over an mpc3000.
By Neurone Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:15 am
So...will a Chinese made Moog sound any different to a US made Moog?
And if it is different, does that mean better or worse ?
Just asking for a friend...
By Neurone Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:50 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Neurone wrote:So...will a Chinese made Moog sound any different to a US made Moog?
And if it is different, does that mean better or worse ?

Yeah, but of course you know what's going to happen, the same people who think that original versions sound better than copies, or analogue is better than digital, VA or software (but in reality are unable to discern any difference in a blindfold test) will claim that even the versions built in the last few years in the US, will "somehow" sound better than the new ones built elsewhere.
A healthy used market selling the US versions with an added premium will arise with all sorts of BS being spouted.
Meanwhile, in reality, the new versions will hopefully be better built and cheaper to boot, but will hopefully lack the bragging-rights and GAS horseshit that's always plagued Moog.

Another golden-cow slaughtered on the altar lol.
By Lampdog Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:36 pm
I open to new and old. I’ve used a OG Model D before, many times, Currently use the official Moog Model D app on ipad and Akai Mini D on MPC X. I like all of them. I use whatever I feel like using that day.
There is a difference, that difference is so small, not even worth detailing in conversation.