Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Dusty Snares Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:31 pm
Yo does anyone know how I could convert the individual outputs to stereo? I tried using a unbalanced y splitter cable but it didn't work. Does
anyone know if a balanced y splitter would work? I tried to make two sets of key groups on output 1 and 5 but I got a overlapping sound.
By richie Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:55 am
It's a mono sampler and has 8 polyphony.

The sound will overlap on the main out but not on the individual outs, as each out is 1 polyphony.
By Dusty Snares Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:38 pm
richie wrote:It's a mono sampler and has 8 polyphony.

The sound will overlap on the main out but not on the individual outs, as each out is 1 polyphony.

I didnt use the stereo or mix outputs. I used the individual outputs 1 and 5 and assigned two different key groups with the same sound to individual output 1 and 5. 1 thru 4 is left and 5 thru 8 is right so it will play out both my speakers. It cut off the sound mono but every once in awhile it would make a overlapping sound like when you hit a chop on top of another chop without quantizing on. And it was a pain to pitch down samples because you have to apply it to both key groups. I was wondering if I get a balanced y splitter cable will it convert the mono output to stereo? I already tried the unbalanced y splitter and it didn't work because Im running it into a stereo input and unbalanced y splitter cables convert the audio signal to a dual mono signal and not stereo so it still plays out one speaker.
By terry towelling Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:58 am
not sure what you want to achieve here, so this may not be helpful -- but easiest way to get a stereo signal might be to run the mono out into an effects unit/pedal that gives a stereo out.