Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By CROWN Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:24 am
For those that have lived with this bad boy for a while…what are your thoughts and how do you put it to use?
For me, the unit is basically a sketch pad for samples and sequencing that I later bring over to my Maschine Studio for completion.

I find the analog filter excellent for bringing in/out frequencies from samples better than most anything else I use.
The trigger locks on the step sequencer is a beast feature.
I love the delay fx in particular, simple and straightforward.

The overall sound of the unit is ace and it just feels and looks incredible.
By jpeg Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:06 pm
CROWN wrote:For those that have lived with this bad boy for a while…what are your thoughts and how do you put it to use?
For me, the unit is basically a sketch pad for samples and sequencing that I later bring over to my Maschine Studio for completion.

I find the analog filter excellent for bringing in/out frequencies from samples better than most anything else I use.
The trigger locks on the step sequencer is a beast feature.
I love the delay fx in particular, simple and straightforward.

The overall sound of the unit is ace and it just feels and looks incredible.

the only thing i did not like about it is the colour pads; but the analog filter sounds great , i wish the mpc x se had an analog filter.

i was tempted to get this but ended up with the s2400; but still waiting for the analog filter board.
By Lampdog Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:06 pm
jpeg wrote:…s2400; but still waiting for the analog filter board.

Me too.
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:17 pm
Owner of its younger sister, the DJS-1000, but basically the same engine, only thing I don't have is Song mode and internal memory storage, though I heard from some SP-16 users that they don't have a delete sample option like the DJS has.

I bought the DJS-1000 because there was a member here raving about the Toraiz SP-16 how underrated and overslept on it is. Cockdiesel was the name. Anyhow, I went out to check and buy the Toraiz, but at that same time, the DJS-1000 was being launched and I was told it is the same SP-16 in a CDJ box so I bought it and was happy ever since. Though I'd prefer the SP-16 for its MPC layout and internal storage and Dave Smith filters, they are pretty much identical.
By glide Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 pm
So how do you rate the sound of the DJS vs MPC ?.. Just in pure sonics/frequency response

and then similarly in comparing the same FX on both units
Thx