Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By ShengTao Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:10 pm
I bought a KO 2 back when it was first released, and got one with a broken fader.. I returned it right away.
Feeling a little gipped about the whole incident, I didn't want to get another one until some measures were taken to protect the fader shaft in the packaging. Recently I started to see comments (on YT) that TE had made some improvements.. Since the units are back in stock I decided to take a chance on a new on.
I bought one from musicians friend, and while the packaging was identical to the broken one I got before, it looks like TE are now placing a piece of tubing around the fader shaft to prevent it from putting pressure on the sensitive internal parts. The tubing has to be removed before placing the fader cap. I just left the tubing on.
This is the only difference I could spot, But it seems to have worked & my new KO 2 has no problems.
I can only speak from my own experience, But I thought there may be some people out there that would like to know about this.
By Coz Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:34 pm
I bought one last month that came with the tubing on, but the fader was still broken. :fku:

My replacement arrived last week and everything fully works now. It feels like they've reinforced the fader somehow which is what it needed.
By jpeg Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:52 pm
just got my KO2 this weekend; its bigger then I thought it would be.

I just left the slider tubing on cos the fader still works fine with; as it just seem very tightly sealed and i dont wanna risk breaking.

fun unit very easy to get get around and i see why it popular as it just has the essential elements with few distractions so it encourages one to just focus on the raw elements

its nice to have buttons tor trigger instead of pads for a change and the athstetic is just so inviting to use
By jpeg Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 am
terry towelling wrote:yeah, it's a pretty interesting machine.

think they need to add re-sampling and or per pad FXs, plus the ability to record automation and fx as part of the pattern, and a step sequencer, perhaps also the ability to sample over usb.

Apprently there is an un-used core in the CPU of the KO2 that has not been used thus far in the current functionality, so there should be more leeway to add more features.

but they have done a great job thus far.
By terry towelling Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 am
it has a step sequencer. and it's really good. you use the + and - buttons to move through the steps and use the record button, plus hit a pad to add, and the delete button and pad to remove. you can also adjust volume and length using the two rotary encoders.
By jpeg Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:31 am
terry towelling wrote:it has a step sequencer. and it's really good. you use the + and - buttons to move through the steps and use the record button, plus hit a pad to add, and the delete button and pad to remove. you can also adjust volume and length using the two rotary encoders.

ah yes thanks this is nice; very intuative device am loving this unit