Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

By Prah_860_ Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:48 pm
Lampdog wrote:I never even knew the MV had gained any ground, lmbao.

true spit.......me either.....even though reviews made it seem like it was better than the 4k....Rolands complicated menu always suck no matter how hot the gear is....and in most cases they usually have the hottest..

By Upright Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:00 pm
What ever ground it did gain was all a hype game!!!1

By adrian Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:18 pm
J.Daniels wrote:rza has been promoting the mv, like run dmc plugged adidas.....

Run DMC use to promote the MPC several years ago.

By erkl Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:27 pm
roland sucks ass,
period.

as for the MV, the only thing appealing to me is the software-like control you get with the VGA and mouse... so why pay for the hardware when you can do the same sh!t with more flexibility on your computer with the right plugins.. and a trigger finger if thats your fancy.

i know you can make heat on that machine but its the same as everything else - its all about know-how/experience/good samples...

hardware is just a luxury..

By young_keyz Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:33 pm
I think the mv is a nice machine.

By cta052006 Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:07 pm
Lampdog wrote:I never even knew the MV had gained any ground, lmbao.

lmfao* 8)

By Upright Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:10 pm
adrian wrote:
Run DMC use to promote the MPC several years ago.

In magazines??.......wow that would be neat to see!!1

By adrian Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 pm
If I remember correctly they were promoting the MPC2000. Back at the old AKAI we had a framed poster in the main lobby. We threw it away when we closed the doors.

By Prah_860_ Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:51 pm
adrian wrote:If I remember correctly they were promoting the MPC2000. Back at the old AKAI we had a framed poster in the main lobby. We threw it away when we closed the doors.

damn I would have loved that

By adrian Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 pm
It was a full size poster too, about 30x36.

By AMG Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:21 pm
...I hope Roland drops a new and better MV, so Akai can drop a new and better MPC.

By LaJProd Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 pm
adrian wrote:It was a full size poster too, about 30x36.

Damn....

By distortedtekno Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:14 am
peezie wrote:why am I not surprised..

yeah, for real. they discontinue more gear quicker than any other company out there. and that's nothing new. it's been like that for a long time (atleast since the early '80s). it's rare to see any of their products on the market for more than 2-3 years. i really wish roland would build analog synths again. but they won't, so i'll keep buying all the second-hand vintage instead of buying into the hype.

By indivisibleProductions Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:50 am
THE MV 8000 HAS NOT BEEN DISCONTINUED ANYWHERE...NOT AMERICA NOT EUROPE...NOWHERE

........and just think I almost bought one of those joints.......The salesmen at SamAsh was like"yeah the MV-8000 is so hot right now we sell like three a week" Roland must be lining thier pockets to say such rubbish!!!1

No, that's exactly the case. Nothing has been discontinued, they've just been selling out.. Roland has publically said, not only is it very much still in production, but more updates are coming too...something akai could take a few hints from.

As for all the MV haters, that's fine and all, stick to what you know. But I'm willing to bet 90% of ya'll haven't spent no time on a MV. And 10 minutes in Guitar Center doesn't count... It doesn't matter to me either way, I love my MV and I love my mpc 1000, but the only mpc that can even be COMPARED to the Mv is the 4000....the rest aren't even in the same ballpark

By peezie Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:13 am
selling out? selling out their surplus stocks. If theyre going like hot cakes, why wouldnt they follow up to the demands. It aint no xbox360. theyre sold out, because theyre not selling well and roland does not want to make too many more.
indivisibleProductions wrote:No, that's exactly the case. Nothing has been discontinued, they've just been selling out..