Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Loosecaboose Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:23 pm
This app is a buggy mess.

No multi export

No renaming tracks for mixer

If used in tabletop user programs from standalone are not accessible and must be remade

Midi mapping crashing tabletop

Custom slicing moves when saved song is reloaded

Animations on fx not playing

Crashes all over the place

RAM leak

And Oh so many more..
By 64padzzx3 Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12 pm
Yep,iss a hot mess I kinda gotta stupid work around for naming the tracks tho (stupid meaning it shouldn't even have to be done this way but you sometimes have to work with what ya got,.....thanks Retronyms :wink: )ok,all you have to do like for basic tracks is make a program name the sound you intend on using like this make an all BassDrum program and call it "BassDrum" when you use it in a track right under "Track 1 and so on" as long as you use that program that's what the name will be like snares,HiHats,and so on kinda dumb I know but it does take care of some of the guessing game out of trying
To find out what's on all your tracks.
By AVENTUS Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:15 pm
They should offer iMPC Pro for the new, robust, iPhone 6 Plus.
By coolderb Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:28 pm
Retronyms is not working on new features. I received an email from them promoting what they described as "a Perfect companion for iMPC". http://preorder.retronyms.com/

The Wej! lol

I sent the email back with a response that No, thank you. A perfect companion for iMPC would be the promised file export capability that would allow us to once again import our programs/kits and sequences into the MPC desktop software. Something Retronyms promised in July that they were working on. I received a reply back that although that is a great 'idea' it is something that they have no plans of implementing because they are working on too many other projects.

Same ole Retronyms.

Ironically enough they have the audacity to send out pleas to their 'valued' customers for help financing the Wej via crowd-funding type pre-orders. If we order now we can save $20. Thanks Retronyms, but .......

By Lampdog Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 pm
coolderb wrote:The Wej!

No thanks.
By acronym Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:58 pm
So not worth buying?, going to buy bm2 again sicne I can't access my old account.
By Lampdog Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:43 pm
Bm2 > impc
By inflict3 Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:01 am
i still can't stress enough how dope the app caustic is,. its for android and iOS.. the sample editing is sick!!
By Dom Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:20 pm
Free for desktop, both Mac and Windows. I'll have to try it out.

Also, Wej is lame and I hope the funding does not reach its goal.

No disrespect towards Retronyms.
By coolderb Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:21 pm
Dom wrote:Free for desktop, both Mac and Windows. I'll have to try it out.

Also, Wej is lame and I hope the funding does not reach its goal.

No disrespect towards Retronyms.

Me too. They need to concentrate on supporting their iMPC Pro app. which is still missing a bunch of features such as MPC project export, Dropbox support, timestretch and Audiobus.

Last update shows they have 14 days left but have only reached 33% of their goal. The projected date for delivery of the units is "First half of 2015" which for Retronyms will most likely mean Oct-Nov. 2015!

Order now and save $20, yeah, right!
By Harmoncj Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:46 am
inflict3 wrote:i still can't stress enough how dope the app caustic is,. its for android and iOS.. the sample editing is sick!!

hell yes. I love the "modular" instrument, which works above and beyond my expectations. I'm assuming youre talking about the "PCM synth" , I"m totally new to it, how do you import your own samples to it?
By coolderb Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 pm
inflict3 wrote:i still can't stress enough how dope the app caustic is,. its for android and iOS.. the sample editing is sick!!

The Caustic developer has released a free sample editing tool for Korg's Volca Sampler:

"Hey guys, just to give a heads up to any (hardware) gear heads considering the new Volca Sample machine from KORG.

Because KORG were nice enough to open up their SDK to 3rd parties (and because their AudioPocket app is pretty basic), I took a few days to rip out Caustic's WAV editor and turn it into a stand-alone, multi-platform tool for getting sounds into your Volca Sample. This includes a list database for all your samples, Caustic's powerful WAV editor (you can zoom in to individual samples for trimming), Fade in/out, amplify, normalize, apply effects, etc as well as the little C-Sfxr sound generator which is a perfect fit for this little machine.

My app also lets you clear all samples or restore the factory samples if you mess up.

Now the main reason I'm posting here is because I read some concerns in threads here that KORG's app didn't have Audiobus support so I've included that (receiving slot). Therefore you should be able to create some pretty cool samples for use in your Volca sample using all your AB apps.

I've also included support for AudioShare / AudioCopyPaste /Open In for WAV because that was also lacking, and because I already had those things working in Caustic.

Anyway, the app is free and you can get it on Mac, PC, Android aaaaaand eventually iPhone/iPad when Apple get around to approving it. Sorry if I got your hopes up. If everything goes well it should only be ~1 week, I'll update this thread when I get the green light.

Here's the post on my website with download links for what's available so far. "

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/cevs
By inflict3 Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:04 am
Harmoncj wrote:

hell yes. I love the "modular" instrument, which works above and beyond my expectations. I'm assuming youre talking about the "PCM synth" , I"m totally new to it, how do you import your own samples to it?

on android i just sample into it, but i have hooked it up to the computer and put loaded samples into the android, caustic has its own folder on android, not sure how it works on IOS.. but yea, on the pcm synth u can sample or load a sample into it and find the root key, then you have your own synth…there are lots of tuts on youtube for caustic, check them out… for android tablets i would say caustic is one of, if not the best music app out for that shit…I stood by BM2 for IOS, but **** IOS, my iPod touch barely lasted a year and was hella $$ I'm not buying into a crappy made iPod/ipad again, i would rather spend 100.00 on a device then 300.00 yes IOS has better apps, but the shit is glued together and i didn't use my iPod touch very much for it to crap out after a year, if i pay 100. ind my shit craps out in a year i would not be so mad, but 300.?? never again,. i will deal with the latency of android just to say "**** apple"