Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Oprah Winfrey Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 am
http://www.akaiprompc.com/

Yawn.... thus far all these products bore. Ipad/2 plus Alesis IO dock and BeatMaker 2 or Nanostudio crushes ALL THESE VARIOUS MPCccccccsssssssss. Hook a Midi keyboard and you're good. Core midi so ditch the racks..... Welcome to the future... Akai lost. We are the 99%!!!! :shock:
By Dan L Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 am
I'm buying the wife an ipad in the near future..... I might check this one out.
If it loads up my other mpc program's ( mpc5000 ) Then I'll take a serious look at picking up a used ipad2 for myself and take this on planes and vacation. :)
By psr Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 am
I'm rocking the IO dock with my ipad2 using animoog and korg apps but I cant wait to get my hands on the MPC Fly. Thats the one I've been waiting on. I travel and i recently stopped carrying my laptop because I got the ipad now. this is perfect. gotta have it.

---------> edit
lost me with this line here

Sequence four tracks simultaneously: four-track mixer built in

-----------
wowsers son only 4?!
By ArKyve-31 Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:13 am
psr wrote:---------> edit

-----------
wowsers son only 4?!

exactly, thats not even enough to cover my drum layers, I'd rather buy a used 500
By Coz Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:20 am
"MPC App works with iPad & iPad 2
(Hardware works with iPad 2 only)"

The iPad 3 will be out before this and will probably be incompatible. ???

FAIL!
By psr Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 am
Coz wrote:"MPC App works with iPad & iPad 2
(Hardware works with iPad 2 only)"

The iPad 3 will be out before this. ???

FAIL!

i will say this they have to be prepared like all other IOS developers to change annually to suite the new models.

Alesis io dock was made for ipad1 and when i bought i had to register it so they could sen the ipad2 adapter.

ArKyve-31 wrote:
psr wrote:---------> edit

-----------
wowsers son only 4?!

exactly, thats not even enough to cover my drum layers, I'd rather buy a used 500

I guess hopefully you can layer the drums on one track but what if you want to change swing (on for snare off for hats swing for kicks etc) layering on one track is a bust. idk.
By Coz Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 am
psr wrote:i will say this they have to be prepared like all other IOS developers to change annually to suite the new models.

The major problem here is the fact the iPad 3 is rumoured to be slightly thicker due to a new screen technology, so there's a good chance the new model won't fit.
By m:t:c Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:15 am
500's still the best portable mpc.
By drukqs2369 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:03 am
light n portable, if it was cheap enough and i already had an ipad which i don't & probably never would, i'd get it
By m:t:c Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:14 am
With the 500 (and a portable mic) you could go anywhere and sample anything & everything and work on that on the spot. Feels like they're going backwards with this one.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 am
Gotta say, forgetting the naff video, the Fly looks good to me, but not got an iPad .... so looks like an excuse to get an iPad :mrgreen:

Generally speaking, I'm feeling positive about the new 'MPC' gizmos, even if the 'C' now means 'controller'.

I'm suitably hyped, so now all the marketing nonsense is out of the way, let's get down to the nitty gritty - I want detailed specs, proper third party reviews and assurances that these buggers will be fully and actively supported with bug fixes attended to promptly with a clear development roadmap, preferably with community input to future features.

Come on Akai, you know you can do it.
By JAH Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:.....preferably with community input to future features.

....this one has been covered for quite some time.
By inthemix Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 am
Is it only black dudes that will be using these products then ? Not seen a white face in any of the promo stuff ??

... Another fail !