Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By JazzyDrewProductions Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 am
I'm not worried about compatibility at this point because I don't see the point in buying a dedicated controller for an app that needs perfection. I for one love iMPC but not enough to pay 300 bones for a controller. They need to do some major feature add ons and updates to get my vote. The thing that saves iMPC right now is Tabletop. other than that its just another iMaschine. With that being said if u have iMPC now and would like to post you iMPC/ iMPC -Tabletop beats at a place where we can all exchange feedback and tips in the forum post links here
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=163138
By Metatron72 Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 am
I've heard talk of an adapter maybe, but I don't know how that fits what appears to be a snug casing which now has the Thunderbolt connection as standard.

The Fly will control other Core MIDI iOS apps, so for example a Fly and BM2 would potentially shit on iMPC from the high heavens. But I have over 200 apps and I still don't want a $300 controller that makes my iPad near laptop sized.

(I do have an Alesis dock, the CCK and multiple class compliant MIDI controllers, I'm fine with those).

And you are correct iMPC is near pointless without Tabletop. I was MIDI mapping Tabletop/iMPC to a Fat Padded MPD32 a few weeks ago, really nice how much you can map in Tabletop.

I can live with iMPC being more basic the BM2 and Nanostudio, but come on Akai/Retronyms, where's our pad mutes/cutoff groups, pad panning, more tracks (Tabletop workaround, but still), and am I too crazy to...wanna save to a folder :?: :roll: :hmmm:
By JazzyDrewProductions Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 am
Metatron, yah man. I have Beatmaker 2 also and it really is better feature wise. But I can't get away from the workflow and song building structure of Tabletop w/ iMPC. That's why I've been emailing them. Dude send them an email and tell em what you want. Worst thing that can happen is nothing!
By kaydigi Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 pm
Metatron72 wrote:I've heard talk of an adapter maybe, but I don't know how that fits what appears to be a snug casing which now has the Thunderbolt connection as standard.

The Fly will control other Core MIDI iOS apps, so for example a Fly and BM2 would potentially **** on iMPC from the high heavens. But I have over 200 apps and I still don't want a $300 controller that makes my iPad near laptop sized.

(I do have an Alesis dock, the CCK and multiple class compliant MIDI controllers, I'm fine with those).

And you are correct iMPC is near pointless without Tabletop. I was MIDI mapping Tabletop/iMPC to a Fat Padded MPD32 a few weeks ago, really nice how much you can map in Tabletop.

I can live with iMPC being more basic the BM2 and Nanostudio, but come on Akai/Retronyms, where's our pad mutes/cutoff groups, pad panning, more tracks (Tabletop workaround, but still), and am I too crazy to...wanna save to a folder :?: :roll: :hmmm:

Can you help me out, If you have multiple iMPC's open in tabletop how do you export them all to the MPC Ren?
By Metatron72 Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:23 pm
kaydigi wrote:Can you help me out, If you have multiple iMPC's open in tabletop how do you export them all to the MPC Ren?

I don't have a Ren, but the iMPC Q&A says

" All 4 iMPC tracks and programs are combined into one in the exported MPC1000 format project. When you load the exported project on your MPC hardware or in the MPC desktop software (included with the MPC Renaissance and Studio), you'll find that the 4 programs created within the iMPC are now spread across banks A, B, C, D."

I have to check if you can make PGM's in iMPC hosted in Tabletop and see if you can export from there, or maybe you have to load a standalone one to export what you saved on the multiple iMPC's in Tabletop.

I've barely used the iMPC but I'll try to test the save/export setup in Tabletop and post again.
By kaydigi Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 pm
Metatron72 wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Can you help me out, If you have multiple iMPC's open in tabletop how do you export them all to the MPC Ren?

I don't have a Ren, but the iMPC Q&A says

" All 4 iMPC tracks and programs are combined into one in the exported MPC1000 format project. When you load the exported project on your MPC hardware or in the MPC desktop software (included with the MPC Renaissance and Studio), you'll find that the 4 programs created within the iMPC are now spread across banks A, B, C, D."

I have to check if you can make PGM's in iMPC hosted in Tabletop and see if you can export from there, or maybe you have to load a standalone one to export what you saved on the multiple iMPC's in Tabletop.

I've barely used the iMPC but I'll try to test the save/export setup in Tabletop and post again.

I really hope it's the latter, appreciate you taking the time out to test this.