Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Coz Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:19 pm
Nah, it ain't that bad but it's bad enough! :lol:

I was having some work done on my car a few months ago and had to use public transport for a few days... never again! :twisted:
By jpeg Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 pm
konc3pt wrote:
jpeg wrote:but take it, u be getting jacked on the regs coz?

:lol:

Coz wrote: bro, 4 times last week n that was a slow week

:lol: :mrgreen:

jfwy

fair dude if u got some crack heads with no social restraint then u may be in for a few scraps, but as an example if freddie foxx got on the same train u did with an ipad he aint getting jacked, if sean price gets on the train with the ipad he aint getting jacked so...

and i aint saying that cos they big but just the vibe they have the crack heads prolly aint gonna even approach neither of them on no kinda foolishness cos they can sense the underlying vibe.

its like u and ur mate walking down the street and ur mate is scared of dogs almost certain the dog sense fear and starts **** with the dude scared of dogs
By Lampdog Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:24 am
That answered alot of questions for me, thanks.

Still have more questions but I'll wait until more info surfaces somewhere.
I won't push the questions and get mad because I don't know or can't find the info (been happening alot here lately).
By TYPO Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:47 am
WUB WUB
Last edited by TYPO on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:03 am
The glass is half full.

4 tracks better than no tracks.

Some people on the boards say working with limitations is good, they'd rather work with limitations, 4 tracks is limiting :lol:
By TYPO Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:11 am
WUB WUB
Last edited by TYPO on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:17 am
Maybe there will be a Fly bounce down, maybe, maybe not. :lol:
Maybe it's best to use it as a scratch pad. Me, I'm not getting this one.

I'm all for the Studio version though.
By m56p87 Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:19 pm
jpeg wrote:
TYPO wrote:Four tracks are you still interested? :hmmm:

HOW MANY TRACKS DO U NEED

trk1 for drums
trk 2 for main sample chops
trk 3 for bass
trk 4 for additional samples

only need 4 tracks do that aint a deal breaker

Yeah no, i would use a lot more than 4 tracks. Then again I'm not making "beats". But I supposed the need wouldn't be as great with only 3 effects. Did I miss seeing a master track? If your gonna have compression you should be able to put it on the master bus.
By pspsounds Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:38 pm
This is really good for a scratch pad. Especially if you do a lot of searching for breaks in samples.
By sally Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:43 pm
m56p87 wrote:
jpeg wrote:
TYPO wrote:Four tracks are you still interested? :hmmm:

HOW MANY TRACKS DO U NEED

trk1 for drums
trk 2 for main sample chops
trk 3 for bass
trk 4 for additional samples

only need 4 tracks do that aint a deal breaker

Yeah no, i would use a lot more than 4 tracks. Then again I'm not making "beats".

:-D
By moyphee Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:48 am
MPC Fly softer is really just Gridlok with an MPC skin stitched together with thier other sub apps. This new MPC line is less original than it is patched together software from other developers. It's not even put yet and quite a ways behind apps like Beatmaker 2 which sells for $20 . A Nanopad2 gives you the 16pad at 60$

The Fly is neat but at $300 and only 4 Tracks it may have a tough go in the long run. MPC branding can only carry so far.
By JAH Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:50 am
moyphee wrote:MPC branding can only carry so far.

Perhaps...but those 3 letters have stood the test of time...can't say the same for many other product lines.
By Metatron72 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:34 am
JAH wrote:
moyphee wrote:MPC branding can only carry so far.

Perhaps...but those 3 letters have stood the test of time...can't say the same for many other product lines.

Slapping three letters on something doesn't change that the fact that already released apps do more period. As it stands now this thing pales in comparison to Beatmaker 2 and Nanostudio. I will say the drag and drop layout is a good design choice. No one likes the "rinse and repeat" of the same menu diving 16 times.

I also want to point out that the MPC Fly will be available as an in app purchase in Retronyms Tabletop app. Retronyms are talented coders but Tabletop speaks volumes about their mentality. Tabletop is so obviously ripped off from the online Flash app Audiotool. I'm still surprised they didn't sue Retronyms.

I asked a Retronyms' rep directly if Tabletop would add Core MIDI support especially seeing as how the MPC Fly app would be available as a module in their app. He said no never. Without directly saying it I surmised from his further commenting that the Fly is going to be the only way to ever have MIDI control in Tabletop. Like I really want a $300 piece to do something that is supported in over 80% of all iOS music apps.

It's strange because the implications from Akai are that the standalone iOS MPC Fly app will be Core MIDI compatible and allow you to use other MIDI controllers. If that's the case then a $50 nanoPad and a Camera Connection Kit would get you 16 pads at about $80 total. Hardly as elegant but worth considering with the huge price difference.

If the standalone app doesn't allow any control besides the Fly hardware, but the Fly hardware will work other Core MIDI apps that would just make no sense. If that is the case they would be purposely limiting the Core MIDI implementation. Given Apple's forcing of strict adherence to the standards in their SDK's we may luck out and have the standalone Fly app work with any and all MIDI gear provided you have a CCK, I/O Dock, iConnect or something similar.