Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Blue Haze Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 am
As soon as the mpc fly app drops I'm getting it. Each man can go for theirs. Too much Overthinking in these forums sometimes. If the feel is good like imaschine, audio editor and synth I'm good to go.
By jpeg Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 am
doing more dont mean its better sometimes that can make the process convoluted, simplicity often yields more fun and makes the process pure.

think of those olf computer games simple but u could play for hours

no need to ask the earth from an ipad app
By JAH Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 am
jpeg wrote:doing more dont mean its better sometimes...

So true...and it applies to various MPCs and operating systems over the years. End the end, each individual must decide which is best for them.

I thought I read somewhere about the compatibility between the Ren/Studio and Fly. But I can't find it anywhere.
By konc3pt Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 pm
I know somebody puttn down full blown rock songs in iPad garage band and it sound like a freakn band playn...drums on one track, bass on second track, riff guitar 3rd track and lead 4th track. he dont even max out all 7-8 tracks garage band offer

Lampdog wrote:The glass is half full.

to me that means there is still room for more beer :-D
By moyphee Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:23 pm
doing more dont mean its better

Agreed, but but having a lesser features set will definitely limit how far one can take an idea. Most would prefer to work on their idea than spend time working around a lack of tracks and/or features.

I also really can't see Numark selling the app by itself. The hardware controller is essentially dead in the water at that price point if the option to exclude it is made.

konc3pt wrote:I know somebody puttn down full blown rock songs in iPad garage band and it sound like a freakn band playn...drums on one track, bass on second track, riff guitar 3rd track and lead 4th track.

I don't doubt it but that's more the exception than the rule. . As the saying goes, "I'd rather have it and not need it.....
By jpeg Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 am
i have no intention of buying the controller ipad is such a responsive touch screen i see no need for them to even come out with the accompanying hard ware.

i think the app will sell buy itself, some of u want full fledged protools with 24 ins and outs on the ipad is a big ask.

the whole idea of ipad apps is that they are simple and fun

i think they have done a great job from what i have seen, maybe a bit light on the fx side, i dont know why they feel obliged to stick to the standard mpc fx, no reason why they could not add a range of fx ala sp303 but better quality

also would be dope if they had a vintage mode on here where when u change the mode the skin changes to reflect the machine like, mpc60, 3k layouts
By konc3pt Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 pm
dryad-66 wrote:
konc3pt wrote:
Lampdog wrote:The glass is half full.

But what if its always half full :hmmm:

drink up :-D
By Lampdog Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:18 pm
The glass is half full.

U damn right!

But what if its always half full :hmmm:
Oh, that's easy.

drink up :-D
BAM, right there!
By Ill-Green Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:12 am
I drink hot tea with my clown dolls. We sit at the round table discussing latest Hip Hop videos and Obamacare.
By Lampdog Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:23 am
So what do these clowns think of the mpc fly?

It's a loaded question, you don't have to answer if you don't want, I know you will though.
:twisted:
By Ill-Green Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:45 am
Lampdog wrote:So what do these clowns think of the mpc fly?

It's a loaded question, you don't have to answer if you don't want, I know you will though.
:twisted:

:lol: :lol:

The little wooden bastards dig it. They say that its great to be able to make beats anywhere and to use like a sketch pad until you get home and make the real business in the studio. Bozo is happy that at least the app will be available for his OG iPad but kinda upset that he won't be able to indulge on the controller. Jarvis already got an iPad2, so he's ready to be up all over Bozo's face with the controller. Joker, however, says it'll the one piece I'll ever need and that its best to sell my stuff so I can get 2 of them. He's a bit delusional but most of the time he knows what he talking about.
By konc3pt Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 pm
:roll: yall crack me up :mrgreen: :lol:
By moyphee Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:43 pm
i have no intention of buying the controller ipad is such a responsive touch screen i see no need for them

Then why buy the Fly app at all. Outside of the MPC2000 skin it's just freeware.
This why I don't see Numark separating the two.