Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Dom Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 pm
A "simple panning of the pads" workaround:

Open Tabletop, create session, drag iMPC and Gridlock onto table.

Chop your audio in iMPC, open those sounds in Gridlock, [load empty kit and under pad controls, look for "My Sounds" folder, there is all your iMPC chops].

Use output 1 (for left)
Use output 2 (for right)

Also, there's an effects box called the Panhandler, don't know about it.

Note, you must use Tabletop (as of right now) to do your chops. Otherwise, you have to connect to iTunes and drag your files from iMPC to Tabletop (iTunes file sharing).

Keywords:
Simple panning.
By JazzyDrewProductions Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:27 pm
Dom, thanks for that. That seems to work pretty well. In the meantime I've been sending suggestion emails to Retronyms about adding panning and also support for multiple chops per sample as I see that those seem to be the most common complaint. I actually really like iMPC along with Tabletop and would really love to see it improve. I think it would be good if more people reach out to the developers to make these updates. If you or anyone else wants to reach out to them the email is [email protected]
Thanks!
By AikiGhost Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 am
Yes its kind of silly to be honest till the effects are done on a by pad rather than a by track basis the iMPC isn't really all that great for me. Also a built in reverb channel would be kind of useful too IMHO.