Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Mcboy Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 pm
android has way to much latency for any kind music making.....that s why all the kool apps are on iOS.....
By konc3pt Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:12 pm
Mcboy wrote:android has way to much latency for any kind music making.....that s why all the kool apps are on iOS.....

what he said, isnt fly ipad2 only, at least that's what they used to advertise as
By MPC-Tutor Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am
konc3pt wrote:
Mcboy wrote:, isnt fly ipad2 only, at least that's what they used to advertise as

That was related to the physical size of the case they'd made. But as the ipad3 and 4 are basically the same size as the ipad 2, the fly should be fine with those as well.

I believe you cannot just advertise something as ipad compatible, it first has to be officially approved by Apple.
By Metatron72 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 am
jpeg wrote:ok but our there emulators to where u can run apple apps? or its aint even possible?

was hopinh to get a nexus 7 and run it on dat

The only emulation possible is becoming an iOS developer. The software tools Apple gives you let you run iOS apps on an OS X desktop environment.
By ClySuva Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm
The emulation wouldn't make any sense either, because you still have the latency. Plus the hardware uses proprietary apple connectors which just don't exist on Android devices.
By konc3pt Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
konc3pt wrote:
Mcboy wrote:, isnt fly ipad2 only, at least that's what they used to advertise as

That was related to the physical size of the case they'd made. But as the ipad3 and 4 are basically the same size as the ipad 2, the fly should be fine with those as well.

I believe you cannot just advertise something as ipad compatible, it first has to be officially approved by Apple.

i see, I know ipad 3 is thicker than ipad 2. I know for example alesis had to come up with special adapter to make dock station ipad 3 compatible, well hopefuly it will work, when refering to ipad 4, do you mean ipad mini :hmmm: starting to get hard to keep track of their line up

agree about apples approval, they do like to be in control what they put on their market
By Ill-Green Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm
I think the fitting case for the iPad will be a stretchy of some sort to allow all iPads or maybe some kind of adjust-and-lock feature.

If Akai aint doing that then they're lost like the Robinsons.
By konc3pt Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:53 pm
I thought was bit silly that fly was advertised for ipad 2 only
By JazzyDrewProductions Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:54 am
Yeah they took way too long to get this thing out! I gotta say though even though it is limited in ways, iMPC is quite fun! And btw if ur using iMPC at all or a combination of iMPC with Retronyms Tabletop post your beats here and we can give each other feedback and tips for work arounds and such since you know we need some at this point. And also I've been making suggestions to Retronyms for updates for iMPC so I should do the same. Email them at [email protected]. Here's the place to post your iMPC beats!!!
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=163138