Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By dmajor100 Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 am
id very much like to get the imap but money is short right now and id prefer to get the iPad mini. Since all iPads use the same apps i don't see any reason why the impc wouldn't work right but I'm not sure if the hardware will work tho.
By FromthePantoL.A. Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:27 pm
"Since all iPads use the same apps i don't see any reason why the impc wouldn't work right but I'm not sure if the hardware will work tho."

IF your question is how well does the IMPC app work on different ipads , I can tell you that I've used it on an Ipad 2 with no issues other than the limitations that have been discussed in other threads and I just installed it on an ipad mini with similar results.
By teestrick Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 pm
At this point in time, I do not believe that any "hardware" (assuming you mean some sort of MIDI device) will work with iMPC. But the iPad mini also runs IOS software just like the full sized ones, so iMPC should work fine. But I think the pads are small on the regualar iPad so I can't imagine the mini. I hope this helps.

dmajor100 wrote:id very much like to get the imap but money is short right now and id prefer to get the iPad mini. Since all iPads use the same apps i don't see any reason why the impc wouldn't work right but I'm not sure if the hardware will work tho.
By JazzyDrewProductions Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:43 pm
Hmm good question on the fly. Fly to me ain't worth the money at all anyways but if I was to guess the only issue of whether the fly hardware would work would be the connector. You will have to get a 30 pin to lightning adapter as Akai took way too long in their development and are now 2 iPad models behind! If I were you though I would give some thought to saving a few more bucks and getting the regular iPad. Apple dropped the iPad mini prematurely to get Christmas money so they didn't put all of the features that I'm sure the iPad mini2 will have in 5 months like the better processor and retina display. Plus the pads will be a bit smaller too. But I know iMPC works on mini because I've seen it used on a YouTube video. Good luck have fun!