Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Oprah Winfrey Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:06 am
DO NOT BUY THE MPC FLY!!! I'm still tripping cuz I compared BM2 and N.S. with my boys MPC 4000 yesterday and he was blown away @ the SAME FEATURES AND SOME EVEN BETTER ONES!!!

Using BeatMaker 2, you can build your own virtual home-studio by creating multiple instruments; connecting them to a full-range of audio effects; and composing, recording, and editing your ideas into complete songs. You can import your own sounds or use the included sound library of more than 170 instruments and drum presets covering everything from synthesizers to orchestral sounds. In addition to the sound library, the iOS software includes a virtual studio, drum machine, keyboard sampler, multi-track sequencer, wave editor, and mixer console.

In the virtual studio, you can create multiple instruments with the included drum machine or keyboard interface. There are 10 effect units to choose from (Reverb, Compressor, Filter, Delay, EQ, Flanger, Chorus, AutoPan, BitCrusher, Overdrive), 3 effect slots for each instrument with unlimited global effect racks, and a customizable Cross Controller for all effects, so that you can manipulate multiple parameters at once.

The drum machine offers up to 128 trigger pads (16 pads over 8 different banks), a "Chop Lab" for slicing audio loops, sound parameter controls on individual pads, lowpass / highpass filters with cutoff and resonance control, and more. You can choose between various pad trigger modes (One-Shot, Hold, and Loop), and you can customize envelopes for each pad. The drum machine also features Live modes (trigger, mute, reverse, velocity, and tune spreading) and polyphony management.

The keyboard sampler sports a 128-note keyboard with pitch wheel with double keyboard mode, note display, and zoom controls. Using the sampler, you can create your own instruments from any sample combination with the keygroup editor. Other features include volume and filter ADSR envelopes; lowpass / highpass filter with cutoff, resonance, and key tracking; two LFOs with customizable amplitude, offset, and rate (synchronizable), controlling volume, pitch, and filter parameters; polyphony control; Legato play mode with customizable glide; and Keygroup controls.

BeatMaker 2's multi-track sequencer lets you create unlimited instrument and FX tracks; record, edit, and replay instrument and effect parameters; record, draw, arrange, and resize patterns along the timeline to build your song; and compose and modify patterns with a piano-roll interface.

The wave editor offers basic to advanced tools for manipulating audio. You'll get time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms, audio tools (normalize, silence, reverse, fade in and out, cross-fade), loop points and tempo / signature editor, and more.

The mixer console offers a realistic multi-track mixer with level meters and volume, pan, solo, mute, and bus routing features for individual tracks.

When you are done creating a track in BeatMaker 2, you can export your songs to audio or MIDI files, move them to your computer via FTP, upload songs directly to SoundCloud, and more.

Intua BeatMaker 2 is now available for $19.99 from the iTunes App Store. For more information, please visit intua.net.
By inflict3 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 am
What does that have to do with the fly? Which is the controller that isn't out yet.. screw impc. Everyone knew it was gonna suck dicks
By MeSoHordey Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:02 am
"Intua BeatMaker 2 is now available for $19.99 from the iTunes App Store. For more information, please visit intua.net."

Really Oprah? If you're trying to sell something just come out and say it.
By Oprah Winfrey Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:21 am
:fku: Nope... not going. I AM NOT JAH AKA JAHROME. I'm calling Akai out for selling us BULLSHIT that isn't ready.

DO NOT PURCHASE AKAI's non functioning as advertised products.

I work for the trap. :smoker: