Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By kaydigi Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 am
Can I have the 8 iMPC's going in Tabletop, export all, then reimport them in the MPC Ren software?

Or can I only export only 1 iMPC at a time and import one at a time in the MPC Ren software?

I'm about to purchase a Ipad 4 in the next week and this will probably be one of the first apps I buy.

Thanks in advance.
By Dom Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 am
kaydigi wrote:Can I have the 8 iMPC's going in Tabletop, export all, then reimport them in the MPC Ren software?

Or can I only export only 1 iMPC at a time and import one at a time in the MPC Ren software?

I know the response is late, but the most 2x2 modules you can record is 7. With that many running, you may run into cpu issues. Maybe not.

When iMPC is in Tabletop, you're using the Retronyms sequencer called Triggerator.

So after creating your sequence, in order to record each iMPC's sequence by itself... You'll have to place mutes/unmutes on each iMPC for their individual duration in the eight channel mixer.

I've been using iMPC by itself lately (for the MPC studio contest in January), but iMPC in Tabletop is much better.

I'd recommend chopping in iMPC and opening those files right after in Gridlock, and sequencing the Gridlock pads instead of the iMPC. Gridlock is Retronyms' sampler and has 2x individual outs, as well as a couple of other useful things. You can definitely have another Gridlock or a couple iMPCs, too. They both have their pros and cons.

I'm hoping that if iMPC doesn't get more features that Retronyms' Gridlock will be updated. :-D

Hope that makes helps.