Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By inflict3 Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:47 am
coolderb wrote:
inflict3 wrote:i still can't stress enough how dope the app caustic is,. its for android and iOS.. the sample editing is sick!!

The Caustic developer has released a free sample editing tool for Korg's Volca Sampler:

"Hey guys, just to give a heads up to any (hardware) gear heads considering the new Volca Sample machine from KORG.

Because KORG were nice enough to open up their SDK to 3rd parties (and because their AudioPocket app is pretty basic), I took a few days to rip out Caustic's WAV editor and turn it into a stand-alone, multi-platform tool for getting sounds into your Volca Sample. This includes a list database for all your samples, Caustic's powerful WAV editor (you can zoom in to individual samples for trimming), Fade in/out, amplify, normalize, apply effects, etc as well as the little C-Sfxr sound generator which is a perfect fit for this little machine.

My app also lets you clear all samples or restore the factory samples if you mess up.

Now the main reason I'm posting here is because I read some concerns in threads here that KORG's app didn't have Audiobus support so I've included that (receiving slot). Therefore you should be able to create some pretty cool samples for use in your Volca sample using all your AB apps.

I've also included support for AudioShare / AudioCopyPaste /Open In for WAV because that was also lacking, and because I already had those things working in Caustic.

Anyway, the app is free and you can get it on Mac, PC, Android aaaaaand eventually iPhone/iPad when Apple get around to approving it. Sorry if I got your hopes up. If everything goes well it should only be ~1 week, I'll update this thread when I get the green light.

Here's the post on my website with download links for what's available so far. "

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/cevs

yup, looks just like in caustic!!
By Fly Filthy Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 am
I just loaded up iMPC Pro. Didn't really use it yet and I already have an issue. I have a bluetooth speaker that I'd like to use while working with the app. I noticed as soon as the app loads all audio from my iPad is routed back to the iPad speakers! If I close the app, audio is routed back through bluetooth.

Am I missing something with settings somewhere or do the iMPC apps not work with bluetooth audio devices?

BM2 works through the same speaker. There is some latency with the sound though.

Edit: Another question, I'm really disappointed with the app. Should I wait and see if Retronyms turns this around or should I just get a refund? As mentioned above, I do have BM2 as well as a real hardware MPC, so it's not like I'm hurting for beat making tools.
By Ocular Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:12 am
Fly Filthy wrote:Should I wait and see if Retronyms turns this around or should I just get a refund?

By ibaxx Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:03 am
why you don't ask retronyms on twitter for features like the export and so on?
I think they are not reading here!
On twitter they answer sometimes!