Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By coolderb Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:55 am
Akai has announced a major upgrade to iMPC:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/ ... more-56386

When Akai Pro released the iMPC iPad music production center, a lot of Synthtopia readers were left wanting more. The app was fun, but it didn’t offer the full capabilities of even old-school MPCs.

It looks like that may soon change. Akai today teased this image of iMPC Pro, a new software MPC for the iPad that they say promises ’64 tracks of heavyweight music production’.

While Akai isn’t announcing specs yet, they do say that, if you’re looking for chopping and time-stretching, “This is going to be right up your alley.”

It’s iPad only for now (no iPhone). Akai says that the additional screen real estate is needed for usability when editing and chopping. No plans for an Android version have been made announced.

Full specifications are to come next week. iMPC Pro will be released mid-Spring.
By master-ceo Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:58 am
If it supports iOS6 :worthy: I'm in, if not :fku:
By coolderb Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:40 pm
master-ceo wrote:If it supports iOS6 :worthy: I'm in, if not :fku:

We will find that out along with the rest of the details next week.

I upgraded to 7 when Korg released Gadget because 7 was a requirement. I haven't had any problems and have also re-Jailbroken my Ipad:)

I'm still on 7.04 and won't upgrade to 7.1 until it has been Jailbroken.
By master-ceo Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:09 pm
Right now I'm just too lazy to upgrade, re-jailbreak, copy all my Data, Sounds and Shit load of PDF's back to my iPad.

I hope they got it right this time. Especially for the extra cash they want to bloodsuck original owners for by calling it a "Pro" version. :lol: I guess the first one was the piece of shit version. :twisted:
By Chillin Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Apple's policy requires developers to adapt to IOS7, API's. (Core midi 2)

If you look closely at the user interface, you'll see IOS7 icons, font style, numbers etc....
By MPD MPK RAY Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 pm

I'll just leave this here................

:shock:
By 64padzzx3 Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 pm
Direct Dropbox integration like beat maker 2, piano roll,ability to import midi files and then I'm in..oh yea and let's not forget audio tracks.... Oh yea :nod:
By Bomber4000 Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:58 pm
We'll just have to wait and see if they can catchup with BM2, otherwise it will be a complete waste of time.

I doubt it will work on IOS7, and to be frank i don't see any point in not running it.
Was running my ipad3 on 6.x jailbroken for some time and decided to upgrade to IOS7 and jailbroke that and it's working just fine ....
By TheUnfuckwithable Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:08 pm
MPD MPK RAY wrote:

I'll just leave this here................

:shock:

what an awkward mofo...
By Strizbiz Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 pm
If this only lets you use it directly with Tabletop and doesn't have audiobus integration or at least let you use it going into apps like Auria via Inter app audio I will skip buying it. I ended up deleting Impc from my ipad as well as Impc from my iPhone.
By Strizbiz Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:23 pm
coolderb wrote:

I upgraded to 7 when Korg released Gadget because 7 was a requirement. I haven't had any problems and have also re-Jailbroken my Ipad:)

Lol. I used to jailbreak my iPod touch a long time ago, I buy all my apps now, not being able to update an app because of it needing to be a cracked version was more trouble than it was worth.
By MiniDX Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:50 pm
Maybe i'm crazy for even thinking about it but i wish so much it would be compatible with mpc renaissance/studio/elements controllers.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:09 pm
MiniDX wrote:Maybe i'm crazy for even thinking about it but i wish so much it would be compatible with mpc renaissance/studio/elements controllers.

They hinted in a reply on their Facebook page that it might be compatible with Elements, at least, so maybe the others as well.
By coolderb Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:20 pm
Strizbiz wrote:
coolderb wrote:

Lol. I used to jailbreak my iPod touch a long time ago, I buy all my apps now, not being able to update an app because of it needing to be a cracked version was more trouble than it was worth.

Yeah, I hear you. I buy all of my apps. too for not only that reason, but also because it helps to keep the quality apps. flowing. The apps. are so inexpensive for what you get its a no brainer. The main reason I jailbreak is so that I can use iFile to move files around and circumvent the limitations some developers cause by not adding things like Dropbox support. For example, I use iMPC to create kits/programs which can be directly imported into the MPC Studio desktop software via iTunes. If they had added dropbox support I wouldn't even have to go through the cumbersome iTunes syncing process. With iFile, which does have Dropbox support, I can just copy the kits and sequences directly to Dropbox and begin using them right away in the desktop MPC Studio program.
By Fly Filthy Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:32 pm
Is this all that's known about iMPC Pro currently? If it turns out dope, I may have to get an iPad.