Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By pspsounds Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:36 am
Chillin wrote:
pspsounds wrote:Just downloaded. I don't know if I'm overlooking it or what but where is the tap button?

Go to song mode, the sequences.

Tap tempo button should be on the main screen.
By Metatron72 Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 am
Bomber4000 wrote:It indeed EATS ram and loading is extremely slow too considering the ipad has SSD, weird to say the least.
Don't dig all those dozens of empty folders, what's the use ? Even if you fill them you would never see in advance wether a folder conatins data or not.

The timeline control is wack too, especially deleting small/short notes is not very intuitive at all ....

Looks like most work went into creating those Teaser movies that were indeed cool, smooth and everything worked flawless.

Already had the app crash half a dozen times. The pads react (to their location on the screen) when you are in the 'About' mode (where you check memory and such) ... A bug clearly.

Sure, a better version of Impc but could be a lot better.

Yeah there's a lot of issues. The RAM leak is clearly real. I'm hearing of crashes when switching screens, I'm sure I'll see many tonight as I go deeper in this app. The folder structure is asinine. Typical Retronyms though, thinking they know better than me what I want. I want create folders, name them, move files in an intelligent way, and a plain as day delete button. And be able to upload while directories, not this scroll 1000 files in list nonsense. Like you know... BM2 or any OS not named "i". :mrgreen:

I'll be looking at iFunbox and see what I can do to ease the folder/user sample pains.

Anyway if the busted Table Top hosting ruined your day further, the fix is already in review. But this is a pretty poor debut so far. It's the obvious thing to say but Retronyms and In Music are a perfect match made in hell. :lol:
By kaydigi Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:33 am
Metatron72 wrote:
Bomber4000 wrote:It indeed EATS ram and loading is extremely slow too considering the ipad has SSD, weird to say the least.
Don't dig all those dozens of empty folders, what's the use ? Even if you fill them you would never see in advance wether a folder conatins data or not.

The timeline control is wack too, especially deleting small/short notes is not very intuitive at all ....

Looks like most work went into creating those Teaser movies that were indeed cool, smooth and everything worked flawless.

Already had the app crash half a dozen times. The pads react (to their location on the screen) when you are in the 'About' mode (where you check memory and such) ... A bug clearly.

Sure, a better version of Impc but could be a lot better.

Yeah there's a lot of issues. The RAM leak is clearly real. I'm hearing of crashes when switching screens, I'm sure I'll see many tonight as I go deeper in this app. The folder structure is asinine. Typical Retronyms though, thinking they know better than me what I want. I want create folders, name them, move files in an intelligent way, and a plain as day delete button. And be able to upload while directories, not this scroll 1000 files in list nonsense. Like you know... BM2 or any OS not named "i". :mrgreen:

I'll be looking at iFunbox and see what I can do to ease the folder/user sample pains.

Anyway if the busted Table Top hosting ruined your day further, the fix is already in review. But this is a pretty poor debut so far. It's the obvious thing to say but Retronyms and In Music are a perfect match made in hell. :lol:

Which review?
By Metatron72 Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:01 am
kaydigi wrote:Which review?

The update to Table Top that will fix the busted iMPC hosting. It already been submitted to Apple for their review process. So within 2 weeks or less at least that will be fixed.
By Metatron72 Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:44 am
Basically...yes.

It's funny in a FB group I'm in an actual beta tester didn't have much more to contribute than it's awesome and spammed the promo video twice.

Some cats will get their "Jerome" on for no pay. If you've been in this forum for a while you know of the type I mean. :mrgreen:
By coolderb Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:11 am
Kcearl wrote:
kaydigi wrote:So you can not export projects to the Mpc Renaissance?

Not so far. Exports a single wav...no way I can find to rename it so even soloing tracks just overwrites the previous one with itunes share. Workaround is using audio copy.

After all the teasers and how much work thats gone into it to have no project or stem export is just half arsed. It uses too much RAM to be a closed environment. Son I am dissapoint.

Retronyms confirmed this. Their response when asked why there was no project export was that it takes extra time to support that feature. Even though that feature was included in the original iMPC and is a major marketing feature for the MPC brand.

They also acknowledged that there is a bug that causes the velocity sensitive pads not to work in the MPC Element. They didn't say when (or if) those flaws would be corrected but rest assured that the fix for Tabletop has already been submitted to Apple so all is not lost.

Same old Retronyms ........smdh
By Metatron72 Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:47 am
Word. But for them this is almost a baby step, even though from a broad view a lot of this ish borders on debacle status.

I was a bit peeved at their FB posts, oh have mercy on us...no. We didn't force you guys to make the first app so terrible when all they needed to do was match a 1998 MPC that ran on 32MB of RAM. And beyond a much improved GUI design it's really just some very pedestrian needed MPC style features added. I could care less about tilting my device to open a filter or a cartoon side chain duck.

They must be aware of how bad a reputation they deservedly have. I would hope they realize this is golden opportunity to change course in their modes.

What is working is a good start. But they need to keep pushing...and stop making inanity like their Stryke app.

BTW I saw Tony the developer of midiSequencer app (excellent app) in a FB group today. He was like, how in the hell is iMPC Pro reporting to my app that's it's...iMini... :Sigh:
By 64padzzx3 Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:32 am
Ok,first of all I'm on iPad mini with retina display 32gig model,and here are the things I've noticed that are terribly wrong so far...........
1.High RAM usage (a six track drum beat 4 measure loop RAM almost gone)
2.None of the animations Work (Like turbo duck and Boom reverb)
3.Individual track compression does not work
4.No individual track naming (which a lot of iOS daws have been guilty of one of my peeves though)
5.and lastly on and off switches are kind of confusing until you figure out that on is "black" and off is "white".
By coolderb Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:31 pm
Metatron72 wrote:Word. But for them this is almost a baby step, even though from a broad view a lot of this ish borders on debacle status.

I was a bit peeved at their FB posts, oh have mercy on us...no. We didn't force you guys to make the first app so terrible when all they needed to do was match a 1998 MPC that ran on 32MB of RAM. And beyond a much improved GUI design it's really just some very pedestrian needed MPC style features added. I could care less about tilting my device to open a filter or a cartoon side chain duck.

They must be aware of how bad a reputation they deservedly have. I would hope they realize this is golden opportunity to change course in their modes.

What is working is a good start. But they need to keep pushing...and stop making inanity like their Stryke app.

BTW I saw Tony the developer of midiSequencer app (excellent app) in a FB group today. He was like, how in the hell is iMPC Pro reporting to my app that's it's...iMini... :Sigh:

Yeah, overall I'm pleased with the direction/development of iMPC Pro. I just hope they respond in a timely fashion to those not so subtle bugs and omissions. At least they have responded to the questions and bug reports, that's a good sign.
By Metatron72 Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:28 pm
As for the RAM leak. I'm running CMemory in tandem and just clearing every time it rockets up for no discernible reason.

That's how I confirmed it was in fact jumping 300MB with 12 MIDI Events in one bar. :Sigh:
By coolderb Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm
Some guys in the Audiobus forum found a workaround for getting iMPC Pro to send MIDI notes and record them in Cubasis:

daveproper 12:49PM +1 -1 (+2 / -0 ) @skoptic

holy hell. so your comment just helped me figure out a workaround. its dumb as bricks but works.

iMPC isn't responding to midi CC's, its responding to notes. Midi note # 80 is start/stop toggle.

@Michael_R_Grant, create a guide track in Cubasis.

1) create an audio track in Cubasis, assign iMPC via IAA, launch iMPC, load your project 2) create a midi track in Cubasis, route midi out to virtual midi, ch. 1 3) on beat 1 of midi track create a note at G#4 (Cubasis has their octaves funny, but this is what they are calling midi note # 80) 4) create another G#4 at whatever bar where you want iMPC to stop playing 5) i'm guessing that other midi note #s will do other useful things like toggle record, etc.

If you are working in loop mode, you'll have to mute/unmute the guide track to keep iMPC from stopping when you don't want it to.
By monks1975 Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:37 pm
Hope AKAI's software team are watching for bug reports on this forum, so they can sort out the issues. I've noticed the RAM leaks, but my dealbreaker bug is that it doesn't play nice with my external audio interface (NI Audio Komplete 6), unlike Samplr which works great.

First tried and no sound at all through the interface, unplugged and replugged and I get sound from the pads. Tried then to sample through the record section of the app, and it then immediately reverted to the iPad mic / speaker once I pressed record. Line-in capability needs to be tested more.

I also tried with a cheap iRig, and that also didn't work well, providing no monitoring. Please test these devices AKAI, as they are important features to me and to others.
By Metatron72 Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:49 am
Anyone needing the info on using external MIDI controllers here it is. But we must conform to the old Linn layout. At least they've provided templates for Touch OSC and some hardware controllers. No mention of MIDI sync at all yet.

Other than that asinine poll that only owners of the original iMPC can vote on....remmeber you're not a burned customer...no in Retronym's own words you're an "MPC Insider"

.... :Sigh:

http://discchord.com/blog/2014/7/11/imp ... tails.html