Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Hittlabb Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:46 am
I need to be able to export individual wav's so I can import them into protools. Can that be done using this app?
By Funkydrops Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:24 am
U can surely use the old school way, as detailed in this forum some time ago: I read of it here, can't bother to retrieve the OP but PROPS to whoever came up with it first. I personally do that now and want to thank.

Build your song, copy it to a new sequence and duplicate that sequence exactly how many times as many individual stems you need to have.

Say you want to have 8 individual wav tracks: you have to land 8 different sequences copies.

Now go on each new sequence (which is a copy of your song, right?) and mute/delete everything but the sounds you want to have in the same individual stem. If you work on a same single track, delete the notes, while if you have several tracks use mute/solo.

Now: go to song mode and chain all the sequences. Convert this new song into a sequence, export it to wav and import back that wav.

Since you know the BPM and the song length in bars it should be a breeze to cut it in equal pieces which will immediately line up: each piece will be your individual stem.

Easier to do than to describe.

PEACE
By Hittlabb Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:03 pm
Thanks FD, yeah I figured I would have to go that route, but I had a lil hope :Sigh: thanks for the detailed message...dope trk u posted..One