Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By catfingers Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:09 pm
every morning I check to see whether there's an update that add the 'export to MPC software' option.

1 day left on the the Wej crowdfund campaign. Can we get back to a couple of things that would raise iMPC Pro to the next level?
By coolderb Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:49 pm
catfingers wrote:every morning I check to see whether there's an update that add the 'export to MPC software' option.

1 day left on the the Wej crowdfund campaign. Can we get back to a couple of things that would raise iMPC Pro to the next level?

Looks like we will be waiting for some time. The Wej site was updated and says that today is the last day to save 20%, tomorrow it goes down to 15%. They are going to stretch it out. iMPC is still on the back burner because in addition to the Wej they are working on another synth. app.

Oh well, its already been 4 months what's another 4 right?
By Lampdog Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:09 pm
Might as well uncross your fingers, cut those fingers off and forget you ever had them.
By master-ceo Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:08 pm
NUKAI has to pay for updates and maintainace to that shit app. I'm pretty shure they just paid a set fee for that simple simon pos, and anything after that more moola is needed to maintain it. That's what happens when your team is not in house.

NUKAI doesn't give a **** though because that's the app they want out there representing the AKAI Legacy. So I wouldn't put all the blame/pressure on Retronyms. They "partnered" up and that's the POS that was birthed. A Retronyms/iMPC product, when it should of just been a AKAI iMPC Product with functionality at least comparable to their 20 y/o flagships. Full midi etc... etc... etc...

:WTF:
By Lampdog Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:29 pm
If it had been super close to a real 2kxl it would have been a serious win. Imo, serious fail instead. I love the way it "looks".
By coolderb Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:39 pm
master-ceo wrote:NUKAI has to pay for updates and maintainace to that **** app. I'm pretty shure they just paid a set fee for that simple simon pos, and anything after that more moola is needed to maintain it. That's what happens when your team is not in house.

NUKAI doesn't give a **** though because that's the app they want out there representing the AKAI Legacy. So I wouldn't put all the blame/pressure on Retronyms. They "partnered" up and that's the POS that was birthed. A Retronyms/iMPC product, when it should of just been a AKAI iMPC Product with functionality at least comparable to their 20 y/o flagships. Full midi etc... etc... etc...

:WTF:

It seems almost as if Akai doesn't even have a procurement/purchasing department which would submit specs., negotiate a maintenance agreement ,monitor the progress of the development and withhold payments when specs. are not met. They seem to be a company composed of a bunch of marketing guys with very few hardware engineers and very few software engineers.