Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By youmademedoit Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 pm
I just purchased this app, and can say I'm generally impressed by the programming. Seems fairly solid in general except for this issue (which is a big problem).

The one issue I'm having is that when I tap out a beat and record - the playback seems to move my notes around and NOT play anything resembling the rhythm I tapped out. Sounds fine when I play it but jacked up after it records. Just strange.

I do not have time correct on. The only cause for the problem I can think of is a bug or possibly the fact that I'm using a screen protector.
By youmademedoit Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:35 pm
It is totally a bummer. Sometimes I can get it to record and sometimes it just won't do it properly. Last night I made the mistake of buying the AraabMuzik pack. The paste all feature is sweet by design, however when I tried to copy paste all the notes from a track (played with an AraabMuzik set) into a new track, iMPC Pro just wouldn't allow me to do it and kept crashing.

That was my last straw. I got a refund from the Apple Store for the iMPC and I'm waiting on another refund from Retronyms for the AraabMuzik pack. Akai should not be having these people code this extremely poor representation of such a classic electronic instrument. Retronyms is screwing it up royally and it shows in all the reviews.
By youmademedoit Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:13 am
Got a response from Retronyms which actually seems to solve the recording issue:

"Is your Note Grid option set or is it set to None? This can be found in your Timeline in the upper left hand corner. When you have a Note Grid option selected it will align the notes by Fixing them to the Grid when you record, unless you turn it off by switching it to None, then it should record as you tap. Also, to help with the latency, be sure to force close all open apps in the background and restart your iPad."

I did have the notes set to 1/8th. Also, Retronyms says they are aware of the crashing issue while copy/pasting notes and will address it in the next update. This is good, but the software still has a way to go. May re-purchase it after the next update is released, I actually don't know why it is still functioning on the iPad after the Apple refunded me.
By Dwnrok Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:43 am
Honestly I think it has to do with the pressure on the pads. I understand on a mpc element but to have the feature on screen is wack. I can't tell when I'm hitting it to hard or not.