Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By DrunkenMonkey Sat May 19, 2007 4:02 am
I think it would crazy if a new OS could have a Q-Link option where slider 1 controls speed and direction of the sample, and slider 2 would be a fader with adjustable curve. The sample would play normally until a slider moves.

Is this possible or would it be too much for the MPC to handle?

By bobbybigbeats Sat May 19, 2007 5:44 pm
just use your scratchin mixer homey thanks

By DrunkenMonkey Sat May 19, 2007 9:30 pm
Just use your "scratchin mixer" homey thanks

Anyone with some knowledge actually have some ideas about this?

By joeybells Sat May 19, 2007 10:53 pm
would be dope but unlikely

By bobbybigbeats Sat May 19, 2007 11:36 pm
DrunkenMonkey wrote:Just use your "scratchin mixer" homey thanks

i have knowledge of scratching, and qlink sliders are a p!ss poor substitute for an actual fader... get serato or even a cdj thing...mpc is a dope all in one, but it really doesn't need to be ALL in one...you want guitar strings on it too?

any cutting you'd do with a qlink would be a poor replica...corny digi wikki wikki? not having it...

By kollin Sun May 20, 2007 12:34 am
would be awesome when you started to get bleed on your qlink. probably not the best idea to crab scratch on a nonreplacable fader.

By DrunkenMonkey Sun May 20, 2007 4:28 am
bobbybigbeats wrote:

i have knowledge of scratching, and qlink sliders are a p!ss poor substitute for an actual fader... get serato or even a cdj thing...mpc is a dope all in one, but it really doesn't need to be ALL in one...you want guitar strings on it too?

any cutting you'd do with a qlink would be a poor replica...corny digi wikki wikki? not having it...

Yeah I guess you're right. I still think it would be cool to be able to reverse a sample in real time and then play it forward again. I didn't really expect it to rival a turntable, but there are still creative possibilities there.

By campbellmontgomery Sun May 20, 2007 2:45 pm
I still think it would be cool to be able to reverse a sample in real time and then play it forward again

why not use the edit screen and reverse your sample then put it on another pad. then you have your original sample and a reversed one to play over your sequence?

By Mr modnaR Sun May 20, 2007 3:54 pm
or put it on the same pad, and split them by velocity, so the reversed sample only plays when the pad is hit hard, and the normal sample only plays when hit soft.

By earwolf Mon May 21, 2007 7:04 pm
there is definitely creative potential in those two sliders - like the old akai s612 - it just hasnt been realised yet

By bees80 Mon May 21, 2007 7:10 pm

fake shit.. just do it with your turntable