Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.

By kebzer Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 am
Stop watching Shadow, Numark and the likes.

By jonestown massacre Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:32 am
sample sound, make sure youve got note off on, use note variation slider to manipulate tune, go hard........

Read a manual, learn the basics, then ask questions.

By Jaymobeatz Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:30 am
jonestown massacre wrote:sample sound, make sure youve got note off on, use note variation slider to manipulate tune, go hard........

appreciate the info DUDE but i know the basics I just didn't never use a tt and if you're trying to be a smart ass just dont answer my post + I dont us manuals I JUST DO IT.

By jonestown massacre Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:14 am
by asking others when there are resources available to learn on your own....Ill still helped you out, but cop a manual and read..... youll open up more possibilities with your equipment. I wasnt being a dick, just making a suggestion. (and if you knew the basics you wouldnt have started a thread on this subject, again no hat eintended.)

By poundaproblem Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:12 am
Jaymobeatz wrote:
jonestown massacre wrote:sample sound, make sure youve got note off on, use note variation slider to manipulate tune, go hard........

appreciate the info DUDE but i know the basics I just didn't never use a tt and if you're trying to be a smart ass just dont answer my post + I dont us manuals I JUST DO IT.

Damn... I dont think Jonestown was being a smart ass son...Look at your original question...leaves alot to be desired.. :roll:

By jonestown massacre Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:47 am
I wasnt being a smart-ass, just making a point. You have to learn the equipment then manipulate it to do what you want it to. The MPC wasnt made to emulate a turntable, but with the features it has you can.

By jonestown massacre Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:49 am
I dont us manuals I JUST DO IT.

he doesnt use manuals because he has us to refer to.

By Dolo Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:59 pm
I haven't worked out any other way to do this yet, but I ususally just record a short 2 bar sequence into my laptop, have that playing in the background to get my timing right, and then record in my scratches on the MPC.

Its pretty simple. Unfortunately I only have the 2k OG, so I can't resample my output.....

If there's another way which is better, I'm all ears!