MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:43 pm
Against my better judgement...I am creating this thread. :lol:

Product Features

MPC Renaissance Hardware
    •Fuses legendary MPC production with the processing power of your computer
    •Vintage Mode changes output sound character to MPC3000, MPC60 and more
    •16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 16 Q-Link controls, and adjustable backlit LCD screen
    •Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and MPC transport controls
    •MPC SOFTWARE for Mac or PC with 64-track sequencing capability
    •Two XLR-1/4” combo inputs and dedicated turntable input
    •Four-channel US B 2.0 audio interface and two-port US B 2.0 hub built in
    •Up to eight pad banks―more than any other MPC ever
    •Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
    •Stereo 1/4” out, stereo assignable mix 1/4” out & S/PDIF I/O

MPC Software
    •64-track sequencing capability
    •Massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
    •Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
    •Record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program or VST plug-in
    •Runs standalone and as VST, AU or RTAS plug-in
    •Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
    •Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
    •Mac and PC-compatible

I am interested in hearing what types of software features you would like to see in the MPC-Ren. And please....keep it respectful. We already have numerous hate threads already.
By carloboranga Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 pm
resolution must be at least 256...

another thing i can't stand about mpc is not be able to sidechain, hope this time it will.

i know it's silly but the graphic i've seen is awful, i hope the final version will be nicer

the weird mpc poliphony is ok by me, finally i love the mpc sound, but sure on pc it will be implemented

chopshoo 2 oh the 5k sucks, hope it finally gonna be as precise as recycle
By cyrus Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:18 pm
for me, its more about workflow than features, but with that said, here are some biggies that can't be missed (comparing to maschine and jjos, and use of classic mpc's). currently this is my current request based on some things maschine is missing and with my mind set still on mpc workflow.

VSTs:
1.host vsts - load vst's per pad, per pgm, per track, master. Basically I want to load up my drum kit and throw an eq or filter of my choice on each drum (or any vst for that matter, compressor or reverb, etc.). Obviously there are some cpu concerns with doing something like having a vst loaded on every damn sound is prob a bad idea, but letting the user decide is where its at.
2.auto mapping those vst params to the knobs,
3.bundled with a set of nice set of vst effects.
4.applying global vst effects on an entire pgm or the master out.

SAMPLE EDITING:
1.dedicate sample editing knobs. when you are in the sample editing mode (not sure how it will actually look), you need to have dedicate knobs like maschine does to sample start and end points. you also need dedicated knobs to sample zoom (vertical and horizontal), and panning/scrubing left and right.
2. the thing maschine missed is the way it zooms, its not smooth, you spin the knob too fast and you zoom in too damn far and they force you to hold shift to slow the zoom. mpc-r needs to have a nice linear zoom knob, not to fast, not to slow (maybe user option to set default speed)
3. maschine missed how the window focuses on the sample.........if you have a long sample and adjust the start point it doesnt automatically focus the window on the marker, you have to pan right or left to get it back into focus forcing you to use both knobs. so the way the knobs zoom, you need to still keep focus on the sample unless you purposely pan left or right.
4.in the editor itself, it would be nice to have a time cursor that moves while the pad is being pressed so you can see where its playing.
5.multiple sample start/end point undo's nothing worse than accidently moving a start point then realizing it was the wrong pad or sample. need to be able to undo because sometimes where that start point is effects the feel of the beat.
6.sample markers. would like to be able to click on the sample and add a marker, these would just be markers, then later they could be used to slice the sample, or drag a marker to a pad and auto assign the sample (non destructively) with the start point of the sample set to the marker.........or used for snapping the start or end points to the markers. sort of like a combination between the way maschine handles samples and jjos. non destructively, knobs dedicated to start and end points, but with markers that could be used to set the start and end points or just markers for reference later.
7.non destructive editing and destructive editing (all classic destructive mpc sample editing).
8.control over left and right channels - like, lets just hear the left channel, or being able to drag the left channel to a new pad and create a new sample
9.Time stretch by dragging sample to markers. or setting desired bpm. maybe some kind of ableton timestretch features.
10. selection to new pad, select an area, drag it to a new pad.

PROGRAM EDITING
1.dedicated knobs to the main pgm parameters: tuning, volume, pan, envelope, filter. Got to be able to turn the tune knobs while banging on the pads.
2.bulk pad editing. selecting multiple pads and editing them all at once. like say i have a drum kit with 16 pads filled, but i want to tune 3 of those pads, id like to select those threee, twist the dedicated tune knobs and adjust the tuning. mascine forces you to do it pad by pad or by group, not by selected pads. (annoying as ****)
3.global PROGRAM settings, like polyphony, tuning, adding vst's/effects
4.render pad, or track with all its parameters applied.
5.drag and drop samples from desktop to pads.
6.copy pad/duplicate pad non destructively or destructively

SEQUENCING
1.panic button - maschine missed this. need to be able to press stop two times to kill all audio, especially important while sample chopping.
2.step editing from controller in any mode. hold down rec press a pad, move with step buttons to next position, enter event with pad. maschine forces you to step edit with mouse. i want to do with a mouse or with the controller. example: on mpc2000xl you could just move to the start of the sequence 1:1:00 hold down rec and press a pad and enter the event. let go. press play. done. this is perfect when you have drum loops on pads, or you know your first sample phrase will start on the 1. immediate drop the sample in, faster than a mouse click.
3.cant deny the power of using the mouse to edit sequencer events...but on maschine its limited, would like nice drag, copy and paste, etc. that you get with the mouse on the software, but with some of the classic mpc sequence edit abilities, like setting velocity/duration by %,value,etc.
4.dedicated knobs to real time quantize/groove settings per pad or per track.

FILE MANAGEMENT
1.preview samples in browser by pressing a button, and playing sequencer and pressing pads at same time.
2.time bar on sample preview currently selected sample in browser. just like a real audio player built into the sample browser, so you can preview a sample, skip to the middle of it if its long, and see if it should be dragged to a pad.
3.drag all file types to software from desktop, like dragging midi file to sequencer, or dragging a pgm to a track.
4.sample drag and drop accross programs
By JAH Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 pm
MPCHunter wrote:USB 3.0 support.

It's 2012. No sense to release any new hardware with USB 2.0 support.

Software features...the hardware is already spec'd at USB 2.0.
By sally Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:56 pm
+1
Is great all your complet post cyrus
cyrus wrote:for me, its more about workflow than features, and with my mind set still on mpc workflow.

SAMPLE EDITING:
1.dedicate sample editing knobs. when you are in the sample editing mode (not sure how it will actually look), you need to have dedicate knobs like maschine does to sample start and end points. you also need dedicated knobs to sample zoom (vertical and horizontal), and panning/scrubing left and right.

PROGRAM EDITING
1.dedicated knobs to the main pgm parameters: tuning, volume, pan, envelope, filter. Got to be able to turn the tune knobs while banging on the pads.

Add various joysticks!!
By JAH Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:10 pm
cyrus wrote:3. maschine missed how the window focuses on the sample.........if you have a long sample and adjust the start point it doesnt automatically focus the window on the marker, you have to pan right or left to get it back into focus forcing you to use both knobs. so the way the knobs zoom, you need to still keep focus on the sample unless you purposely pan left or right.

I'm not seeing this. When I adjust the start point and then zoom out, the focus stays on the start marker. Unless I am misunderstanding you.
By jpeg Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:43 am
vintage modes had mpc60, mpc3k and other so they should do s950 emulation

defo have rewire and the ability to control load reason instruments from the mpc hardware, and change presets from the hardware

load and control presets for vsts from the hardware
By JAH Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 am
Sampling and Sample Edit is the #1 and #2 features I want to see improved in every sampler I have ever touched. Not one of them can do everything I need.

1. Sampling using Insert FXs. While sampling, I want to insert a chain of effects/dynamic processors into the signal path of incoming audio....EQs, filters, compressors, limiters, real-time pitch shifting, pitch correctors, denoisers, de-clickers, etc. My Korg Kronos offers the greatest flexibility but it’s not implemented seamlessly. All I want is an Insert FX button in the sample record field allowing me to insert 4 to 8 effects while recording.

2. Slicing. I would like manual slicing using the controller like Roland MV/Fantom. The data wheel moves the location of the cursor and F keys insert or deletes slice markers. Every time I slice marker is added, the newly created slice is assigned to a pad.

Auto slicing by regions. Why on earth is my Fantom G resigned to only divide a sample into 16 regions? This is crazy. Give me at least 64 like found in all recent MPCs. Not in increments of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 like Machine. Really? Then if I dial in 64 chops, they should be automatically mapped to the pads. Then I can start adjust the start/end points of each slice. BUT....I should be able to have start/end points of each slice overlap if I choose. Yes...nondestructive chopping. JJ OS is on point with this. Maschine has a duplicate pad function but it’s no substitute for this function.

3. Convert sliced sample to keygroup or drum program. This is pretty simple. I want to also convert a chopped sample into a keygroup sample. If I have 64 slices, it should create a keygroup program with 64 keygroups...one key per keygroup.

4. Real-time time stretch and pitch shifting. So many products today have this technology. Adding warp markers. Shifting these markers to adjust the timing of recorded audio. These are must haves for sample-based producers and re-mixers.

5. I finally.....a play head marker for sample editing. No MPC has it (outside of JJ OS)...Maschine doesn't have it....Korg Kronos doesn't have it. Roland is on point as they have had it in their products for such a long time. This is so helpful when sample editing.

If these 4 things were added to one product...this would never want for anything....(hmmm..at least for a while anyway.

But none of this is new as I have been posting the same information in the MV Forum, NI Forum, Roland Forum, Yamaha Forum, Korg Forum, and in this Forum. And everytime I post this....there are some silly dudes who don't sample asked me why or tell me to use a computer. Then there are the sample based producers that tell me that is actually what they want as well. Maybe I should create a petition...lets band together for once.

:D
By labcoats Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:18 am
It has real time - time stretching and pitch shift already. This was tweeted by Akai.

I dont see any of your wishes as must haves at all though. Sounds like you want a fully fledged Daw to me.
By JAH Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 am
labcoats wrote:It has real time - time stretching and pitch shift already. This was tweeted by Akai.

I dont see any of your wishes as must haves at all though. Sounds like you want a fully fledged Daw to me.

I guess you missed the part where I talked about the silly dudes who don't understand because they don't sample. :P

For the record, there are hundreds of post in this forum and the NI forum by other members that say the exact same thing.

Real time time stretching & realtime pitchshifting (without impacting tempo) is not available in any Akai MPC outside of the limited application versions in the JJ OS. This will be huge for MPC users that have wanted this feature for close to a decade. But I didn't see this in any Akai tweets and its not advertised. So I will wait to I see an official word before I get excited.
By JAH Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm
Based upon forum feedback:
1. Audio tracks
2. Low latency
3. 100% control of the software from the hardware (no mouse clicking)
4. Turn off pad lights