MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By QuickStrike Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 pm
It would be nice to have a waveform viewer for the sample browers.

Also for the browser when Auditioning samples have a volume control for the Sample browser.

I would like to also to see the ability to erase all tracks!!

What do y'all think?
By Fanu Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:46 pm
-A gain plugin. For those moments when you need to bring up a track's volume just by 2 decibels but bringing all others down isn't what you want to do (if you have 15 tracks, for example).

-A "monoizer" plugin that converts a stereo signal into mono.
By WKempton Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:16 pm
Fanu wrote:-A gain plugin. For those moments when you need to bring up a track's volume just by 2 decibels but bringing all others down isn't what you want to do (if you have 15 tracks, for example).

-A "monoizer" plugin that converts a stereo signal into mono.

+ 1 for both.
By Fanu Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 pm
Pls add sequence field on Prog Mix on software so you can change the seq via that view without having to go to the software or back to Main view to do that.
Annoying when you want to bring the levels of all tracks down a bit in multiple seqs.
By Fanu Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:41 pm
In List View, it'd be super handy if you could choose a certain pad and its events to view instead of viewing them all by hitting the pad (maybe make the space for this setting at the very top of the view).
By Fanu Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:33 am
Setting a sample start offset amount so basically, if you had a drum loop of 4 sounds, you wouldn't have to chop it into 4 parts to use it on 4 different pads; you could load up the same sample on every pad and just adjust the sample start amount for each pad.
By TommyTench Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:23 pm
Fanu has had some very solid ideas. I'm talking legit workflow enhancements. Good sh*t bro.

Anyway, here are some of my feature requests and workflow enhancements I would like to see:

1.) An EQ (2 or 3 band) inside program edit. This would be in addition to the filter section. Sometimes its nice to take the bass out, or boost the mids without having to load a plugin onto a track. Also if this could include a gain knob that would be great. Even cooler would be different style EQs, like they have inside the filter section (SSL, Neve, and my favorite, the Sony Oxford, etc)
2.) Drum explode - Play all notes on a single track (think drums) and have it separate each note into individual tracks (kick, snare, hat, etc)
3.) Vintage mode - Vintage mode on individual tracks, as well as additional vintage modes with the ability to combine them (mpc60 with sp1200 ring would be ridiculous on snares)
4.) Song Mode - Let me delete sections, cut/paste, automate parameters, etc (think pro tools). Also a more detailed view of what I'm looking at would be great.
5.) Improved Key Commands - I understand this is probably controversial, but I simply cannot take my Renaissance everywhere with me. I like to do sample organization as well as make programs on the road. Simple shortcuts for things like zooming, nudging, start and and points, etc. The ability to import other key commands would be cool (or at leas the ability to create your own).
6.) Improved Automation - Different modes would be nice, especially curved automation.
7.) Activate the Metronome without recording or overdubbing. Maybe this could be activated by pressing "shift+overdub" This would be nice especially when trying to figure out the tempo of a sample.

Some items that don't deserve to go into my list because they are so obvious:
1.) Universal Mixer
2.) Audio Tracks

And some fixes that need to happen:
1.) After sample record, please disable autosave. So many times I sample something, only for it to autosave and I lose my recording entirely. Ridiculous.
2.) If I turn the hardware on after I open the program, it fails to recognize the MPC. Or when it does, the screen on the MPC is lit up but isn't displaying anything.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I go, but heres to hoping...
By jado Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:37 am
it would be cool if you can browse through samples and have them autoload to the selected pad. so basically if i have my pattern playing but i want to hear it with a different kick or clap i can go through my library and hear the samples while the patterns playing

also it would be cool to be able to swap pads by clicking and dragging to another pad. or even a right click menu
By Airyck Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 pm
CTRL/CMD R (or some other shortcut key) to rename the selected track. (right now the only way is to double click the name).

Auto highlight text when creating a new Program/Sample etc... so you can just type in a name rather than having to select the text with the mouse first.
By innerchildmusic Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:33 am
Akai MPC Renaissance Feature Request

1.8 Suggestions and Request

FIXES
1. Firmware Installation for Mac 10.8.5 and up is not simple enough, it would be great for it to
work without the many steps it takes to see if it worked. I have tried almost 20 Times before I
learned from the forums to install it on a windows machine.

2. Connection from hardware to the software is too fragile. Sometimes it loses connection mid
session. Please improve the connection stability.

3. More Plug In Compatibility, many of the plug-ins I have do not work with the MPC REN so it
forces me to change my workflow to ableton live while creating a beat. I would rather stay
entirely inside the MPC REN.
3. Accurate AUTO SAVE FUNCTION - it should remember every step back to the time the
session was last opened. Back and forth should only erase or add the next step. Sometimes
this wipes out everything on that track.
4. Copy Bars can sometimes be really buggy - (Number of bars when deleting is inaccurate at
times.)

Requested Features
1. LAST UNSAVED SESSION - THE REN SHOULD HAVE AN AUTO SAVE BACKUP SYSTEM THAT SAVES UP TO THE LAST MOVE THAT THE USER MADE IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH. AFTER A CRASH A SOFTWARE PROMPT SHOULD APPEAR ON SCREEN ALLOWING THE OPTION TO OPEN THE LAST UNSAVED SESSION. (ABLETON LIVE DOES THIS WELL).

2.Track Explode Function - Takes multiple sounds programmed and assigns each to its own
new track.

3. Sample Audition Volume control.

4. Real Time Pitch Shift & Time Stretch - (keygroup) with very little artifacting.

5. Freeze To Pad - Freeze a sound or phrase to a pad. Freeze with or without effects options.

6. One touch Automation (ala Maschine).

7. Vintage Mode to individual tracks.

8. SYNCH ON - OFF Function - The ability to disengage the synch in plug-in mode to allow
quick workflow offline mode.
then flow quickly back to the plug in mode by hitting a sync button.
9. Effect Gesture Plug IN - (applied globally & individually) like on the Akai’s INPC FLUX PRO
reminds me of Stutter Edit. (Tape Stop, Beat Repeat, Filters Turntable, Effects and Gestures).

10. Song Mode Scroll Position - Scroll to song position with jog shuttle and double click on
location to play from
that position.

11. Save Used Function - Save only sounds used in the sequence or song.

12. Browser Assignment Improvements - Custom Options on how the browser behaves,
example:
Last Folder Positions - all folder locations stay on the last sessions positions.
Project Folder Positions - all folder locations are saved within the project.
Favorite Folder Positions - all folder locations can be set to be pulled up on start-up as
a default.

13. Pad Swap Function - Swapping sounds from one pad to another.

14. REX FILES - Reading of rex files and apple loops.

15. Patch Phrase Folder Function - Samples can be dropped into a folder and the system will automatically begin to analyze in succession each sample only prompting the user to set the bar length.

16. A-Z Sample Listing within a program.

17. Mixer Channel Size Options - Thin, Med & Large. Selectable Channel Width Sizes the track width should be adjustable to fit more tracks in view (a minimum of 24 - 32 viewable tracks).

18. Mixer Channel Order Option- Drag a Mixer Channel to any location to reorder the channels as desired.

19. Buss Channels - to save on processing power summing mixing using busses would be a great addition to the MPC software.

20. Sample Edit Double Click Function - Double clicking on a sample in the loaded project takes us to the sample edit screen.

21. Select Mode or Draw Mode Default Option- Allows the user to choose select mode as a default.

22. UNLIMITED UNDO - The user should be able to undo every previous move from the last time the session was opened.

23. 16 TUNINGS Default Option: Option to set the 16 Tunings to be the first option instead of velocity.

24. AUDIO TRACKS

25. VISUAL TIME STRETCH (Drag the sample end to to time stretch or time compress) - IMO Nuendo has the simplest way of time stretching with an on screen view of the sample that the user can click on select time stretch and drag the sample end to a longer or shorter position on a grid. This should be visible while playing the sequence versus typing in numbers speed and tempo.

26. Drag and Drop Midi Files Into The Ren

27. SAMPLE FILE ORDER - Ability to sort samples alpha-numerically

28. NON-DESTRUCTIVE SAMPLE CHOPPING

29. LOCK SLICES ( see RECYCLE)

30. DRAG & Drop A SAMPLE CHOP- In sample edit mode develop a method of showing the target program on the same screen and allowing the user to drag to the preferred pad.

31. SAMPLE BPM INDICATOR - Shows the BPM of each sample

32. MIDI CHANNEL INSERTS - for midi fx such as stutter edit etc..

33. 32- 48 Virtual Outputs to a DAW.

34. PLUG-IN COPY FUNCTION - the ability to copy plugins from one track insert to the next.

Thanks for all the hard work Dan and all others involved in the development of this product. Keep the updates coming please!!
By innerchildmusic Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:45 pm
innerchildmusic wrote:Akai MPC Renaissance Feature Request

1.8 Suggestions and Request

FIXES
1. Firmware Installation for Mac 10.8.5 and up is not simple enough, it would be great for it to
work without the many steps it takes to see if it worked. I have tried almost 20 Times before I
learned from the forums to install it on a windows machine.

2. Connection from hardware to the software is too fragile. Sometimes it loses connection mid
session. Please improve the connection stability.

3. More Plug In Compatibility, many of the plug-ins I have do not work with the MPC REN so it
forces me to change my workflow to ableton live while creating a beat. I would rather stay
entirely inside the MPC REN.

4. Accurate AUTO SAVE FUNCTION - it should remember every step back to the time the
session was last opened. Back and forth should only erase or add the next step. Sometimes
this wipes out everything on that track.

5. Copy Bars can sometimes be really buggy - (Number of bars when deleting is inaccurate at
times.)

Requested Features
1. LAST UNSAVED SESSION - THE REN SHOULD HAVE AN AUTO SAVE BACKUP SYSTEM THAT SAVES UP TO THE LAST MOVE THAT THE USER MADE IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH. AFTER A CRASH A SOFTWARE PROMPT SHOULD APPEAR ON SCREEN ALLOWING THE OPTION TO OPEN THE LAST UNSAVED SESSION. (ABLETON LIVE DOES THIS WELL).

2.Track Explode Function - Takes multiple sounds programmed and assigns each to its own
new track.

3. Sample Audition Volume control.

4. Real Time Pitch Shift & Time Stretch - (keygroup) with very little artifacting.

5. Freeze To Pad - Freeze a sound or phrase to a pad. Freeze with or without effects options.

6. One touch Automation (ala Maschine).

7. Vintage Mode to individual tracks.

8. SYNCH ON - OFF Function - The ability to disengage the synch in plug-in mode to allow
quick workflow offline mode.
then flow quickly back to the plug in mode by hitting a sync button.
9. Effect Gesture Plug IN - (applied globally & individually) like on the Akai’s INPC FLUX PRO
reminds me of Stutter Edit. (Tape Stop, Beat Repeat, Filters Turntable, Effects and Gestures).

10. Song Mode Scroll Position - Scroll to song position with jog shuttle and double click on
location to play from
that position.

11. Save Used Function - Save only sounds used in the sequence or song.

12. Browser Assignment Improvements - Custom Options on how the browser behaves,
example:
Last Folder Positions - all folder locations stay on the last sessions positions.
Project Folder Positions - all folder locations are saved within the project.
Favorite Folder Positions - all folder locations can be set to be pulled up on start-up as
a default.

13. Pad Swap Function - Swapping sounds from one pad to another.

14. REX FILES - Reading of rex files and apple loops.

15. Patch Phrase Folder Function - Samples can be dropped into a folder and the system will automatically begin to analyze in succession each sample only prompting the user to set the bar length.

16. A-Z Sample Listing within a program.

17. Mixer Channel Size Options - Thin, Med & Large. Selectable Channel Width Sizes the track width should be adjustable to fit more tracks in view (a minimum of 24 - 32 viewable tracks).

18. Mixer Channel Order Option- Drag a Mixer Channel to any location to reorder the channels as desired.

19. Buss Channels - to save on processing power summing mixing using busses would be a great addition to the MPC software.

20. Sample Edit Double Click Function - Double clicking on a sample in the loaded project takes us to the sample edit screen.

21. Select Mode or Draw Mode Default Option- Allows the user to choose select mode as a default.

22. UNLIMITED UNDO - The user should be able to undo every previous move from the last time the session was opened.

23. 16 TUNINGS Default Option: Option to set the 16 Tunings to be the first option instead of velocity.

24. AUDIO TRACKS

25. VISUAL TIME STRETCH (Drag the sample end to to time stretch or time compress) - IMO Nuendo has the simplest way of time stretching with an on screen view of the sample that the user can click on select time stretch and drag the sample end to a longer or shorter position on a grid. This should be visible while playing the sequence versus typing in numbers speed and tempo.

26. Drag and Drop Midi Files Into The Ren

27. SAMPLE FILE ORDER - Ability to sort samples alpha-numerically

28. NON-DESTRUCTIVE SAMPLE CHOPPING

29. LOCK SLICES ( see RECYCLE)

30. DRAG & Drop A SAMPLE CHOP- In sample edit mode develop a method of showing the target program on the same screen and allowing the user to drag to the preferred pad.

31. SAMPLE BPM INDICATOR - Shows the BPM of each sample

32. MIDI CHANNEL INSERTS - for midi fx such as stutter edit etc..

33. 32- 48 Virtual Outputs to a DAW.

34. PLUG-IN COPY FUNCTION - the ability to copy plugins from one track insert to the next.

Thanks for all the hard work Dan and all others involved in the development of this product. Keep the updates coming please!!
By pituchez Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 am
dj felix wrote:Time stretch

What I most like from version 1.8
is the automatic recognition of the bpm of a loop
timestretch and one that can be edited by bpm and not by percentage
eg
in ableton live

i want this too damn it