MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By TT_Lab Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:49 am
I don't know if this have been said before but now with the new mixer setup, I would like the faders and pan pots to be midi mappable.
And I wish there were solo Buttons for the Return channels.
By Nubian Mindz Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:26 am
I've copied and pasted this from another post of mine...

Ideas for improvements are:-

1) Allow returns to be sent to submixes (These can only be sent to Master Outputs 1-32)
2) Make every aspect of the mixer, master outputs included, fully automatable. This will allow for refined mixing, say opening or closing a threshold on a compressor in louder or quieter parts and to add ebb and flow to a mix. Or allow a reverb on a return channel to be opened up as the track progresses (for example)
3) Increase the amount of submixes to 16. I find myself filling up the current 8 quite quickly and having to make tough, hard decisions early on. This is good practice I guess but I'd still like 16 submixes (busses) to setup some quite elaborate channels of sound
4) Increase the plug in slots to 6.
5) Have an option where I can delete any unused pads and, if desirable, their included sounds too. The software can notify me if any of these sounds are used elsewhere in a program and give me the option to cancel, continue or keep that sound but delete the pad.
6) Solo buttons on master outputs, submixes and returns.
7) Allow more than one input in the 'audio preferences' section. That way I can record and playback more than one hardware instrument at a time, possibly even on separate channels??? (DAW territory I guess)
8.) Allow submixes to be fed into other submixes and return channels to be fed into submixes or other return channels. Make it as free and modular as possible...yes feedback could ensue but that adds to the experimental fun of musical accidents! (sorry, this was covered in point 1)
9) More resampling options. Maybe just 'submix' or 'returns 1-4' options so we can sample only what's coming out of those channels? Rather than solely 'resampling' everything coming out of the main outs (1/2)

These are just my initial ideas which will help improve mixes, improve creative flow and expand the sound design possibilities of the Ren.
Last edited by Nubian Mindz on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
By quietizkept Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:54 pm
-Audio tracks.
-Ability to rename submixes (if someone knows a way this is already possible I'll edit this one out).
By dez perado Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 pm
I didn't read through the entire post to see if it was already mentioned but ghe main thing im missing coming from the 4000 is the ability to audition quanitize and swing settings llive in real time in time correct. Window
By n8dg Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 am
^^^^^THIS!

COPY/PASTE AUTOMATION DATA......pleaseeeee!

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, maybe I overlooked it, but a SPECTRUM ANALYZER EQ would be a nice addition to the current internal effects. I know there are VSTs but having a Spectrum Analyzer EQ integrated into "Internal Effects" would be nice and very very cool to utilize on the MPC TOUCH. I use Reason for my DAW, so I'm thinking in terms of how its automatically on each channel strip by default.

Again....please, please, please. !! COPY/PASTE AUTOMATION DATA !!
By n8dg Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:10 am
Pinch to zoom vertically and horizontally in piano roll/grid editor with trackpad on laptop. This is a very basic feature in Reason, Logic pro X, and other DAWs. Most newer laptops have touch sensitive trackpads now, so it doesn't make sense any that this hasn't already been implemented.