MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By zangetsu01 Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:22 am
Now that Akai has decided to move from version 1.9.x to 2.0 and is stepping into the realm of a full fledged daw they should implement a function to freeze tracks.

This is essential (at least for me it is) in order to step away from Cubase/Sonar.

I want to rebuilt my big Cubase/Sonar projects in MPC software 2.0 and let me explain why:

When I record my vocals into a audio track I also load in a plugin chain (gate/compressor/EQ/Filter/etc.) before sending it to a bus track. I also use a send slot to send the vocals to a fx bus which contains reverb/delay/etc.

When I produce I may end up using 5 or 6 of these tracks. And as you can guess when I hit the play button the playback is going to stutter big time (big enough to make Scatman John jealous).

So in order to prevent this I use the build in freeze function to freeze the audio tracks. The same applies to instrument tracks.

All the daws that I have used have this function build in and I believe this function should be scheduled to be included for the 2.0 release. :worthy:

Let me know what you guys think..?? :popcorn:
By waveformer Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:12 am
I whole heartedly agree, a freeze type functionality that renders the audio on a track, allowing us to free up some much needed cpu from the load of multiple plugins used In a session is essential. "Freeze all" would be magnificent also. If you could find it in your hearts to schedule or begin working toward such functionality, I would be eternally indebted to you :worthy:
By zangetsu01 Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Yep me too.. :worthy: The bounce to audio feature doesn't cut it for me if it keeps rendering at 16 bit instead of 24 bit. (Useless and probably easy to fix)

I thought that was fixed wasn't it?

Nope.. Problem is still present :Sigh: , Just tested it. Bounced a track to sample, saved it and loaded it in Quick time player and checked it with movie inspector.

It says 16bit. :vomit: