MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:36 pm
Did I miss the announcement for this? I just re-downloaded the MPC Software installer from the Akai site and noticed it was labelled '1.9.7.1'. Just installed it, and got this:

This is the installer version currently available on the main MPC Software download page, so it's an official public release. The file was created Sept 21st

http://www.akaipro.com/microsites/mpcsoftware/
By Quickstrike2.0 Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:34 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Did I miss the announcement for this? I just re-downloaded the MPC Software installer from the Akai site and noticed it was labelled '1.9.7.1'. Just installed it, and got this:

This is the installer version currently available on the main MPC Software download page, so it's an official public release. The file was created Sept 21st

Really?
By pspsounds Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:12 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Did I miss the announcement for this? I just re-downloaded the MPC Software installer from the Akai site and noticed it was labelled '1.9.7.1'. Just installed it, and got this:

Any noticeable changes?
By MPC-Tutor Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:28 am
tonemelle wrote:What happened to the update?? It says up to date with 1.9.6

The in-app update checker doesn't detect it, perhaps it only auto-updates for Sierra users?

If you want it you have to download it direct from the Akai site, either from your account or from the link I provided.
By tonemelle Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:59 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
tonemelle wrote:What happened to the update?? It says up to date with 1.9.6

The in-app update checker doesn't detect it, perhaps it only auto-updates for Sierra users?

If you want it you have to download it direct from the Akai site, either from your account or from the link I provided.

Nope. I'm on Sierra and I don't see it. And I don't see it on the website or my account. It still says 1.9.6.1
By MPC-Tutor Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:33 pm
Looks like they've removed it from the page I previously linked to - however the file in my Akai Pro account says 1.9.6 but it's actually named WebUpload-Install-MPC-release-1.9.7.1-release-Mac.zip and if you run the installer it does indeed update a Mac to 1.9.7.
By tonemelle Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:51 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Looks like they've removed it from the page I previously linked to - the file in my account you'll see is named 1.9.7 and if you run the installer it does indeed update a Mac to 1.9.7.

Oh ok. Thanks. I wonder why Akai would do that..
By SeanDeason Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:10 pm
I just purchased an MPC Renaissance. My MacBook Pro is already on OS X 10.12.x. I wish had've known beforehand that the audio interface section of the MPC was not compatible with my OS, I would've picked something else.
Any idea when/if Akai will be issuing a fix/update for this issue or is my Renaissnace obsolete already?