MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Bain Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 pm
rookie wrote:
MPD MPK RAY wrote:WHERE ARE THE 2.0 SOFTWARE VIDEOS?

I was thinking the same thing, they keep pumping the hardware, but its no good without software.

They haven't finished coding 2.0 yet.
By Mistamixx Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:48 pm
pspsounds wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:
pspsounds wrote:Not sure if it's 8 stereo or mono.

8 stereo @ 44.1kHz / 24bit

So could we get 16 with mono tracks?

Yes 8 stereo 16 mono That's more than enough for me in standalone.
By greavous420 Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 pm
rookie wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, they keep pumping the hardware, but its no good without software.

Its odd. It's like they are only marketing to the people who they will make more money off.

If you already have mpc controller then 2.0 is almost a guaranteed 99.99 for akai why would they bother marketing what they already know the existing user base wants and won't bring them new customers?
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:37 pm
greavous420 wrote:
rookie wrote:

Its odd. It's like they are only marketing to the people who they will make more money off.

If you already have mpc controller then 2.0 is almost a guaranteed 99.99 for akai why would they bother marketing what they already know the existing user base wants and won't bring them new customers?

I don't know, but it was people like me that didn't buy into the controller renaissance and demanded standalone. So they talking me really :smoker:
By chino Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:13 am
I just saw SoundsAndGear's part 3 Q&A interview. It's been confirmed that audio tracks are loaded into the RAM. I already have a feature request for the MPC 2.0 software even though it's not out yet. I need audio tracks & samples to load/stream from the HD instead.
By Icepulse Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:17 am
Mistamixx wrote:Yes 8 stereo 16 mono That's more than enough for me in standalone.

Andy confirmed there are only 8 stereo. Can't opt for 16 mono (standalone).
By eclipxe Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:35 am
chino wrote:I just saw SoundsAndGear's part 3 Q&A interview. It's been confirmed that audio tracks are loaded into the RAM. I already have a feature request for the MPC 2.0 software even though it's not out yet. I need audio tracks & samples to load/stream from the HD instead.

Don't worry, the right folks got it in motion
By zangetsu01 Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:32 am
eclipxe wrote:Don't worry, the right folks got it in motion

I've noticed that you keep saying that. While it's only been confirmed by Masada,
Could it be that you're in any way associated with Akai..??
By Almost Lazy Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:00 am
Release date??
i dont really care about what they have to talk about, i just want to see if i shall have to gift the extra $99 for Ren upgrade in my will for my kids in 50 years time.. lol
nah but seriously looking forward to maximizing this software version 2.0 before they release 3.0 bahahah
By Jose da Silva Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:So 8 stereo audio tracks in standalone - how many people here think this is too limiting and therefore immediately rules out one of these MPCs? I wonder how many electronic musicians would generally need more than 8 separate audio tracks and cannot workaround it via bouncing, or by moving over into controller mode where they'll have 128.

For now we never used the MPC for a DAW. At our studio we use Logic with a Mac Pro. For a project it's normal to use about 100 to 200 tracks. And we use a lot more then 4 slots for VST. So 8 tracks is really not enough. And no vst in standalone is really a downer.
By SHHH Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:07 pm
maybe there's a difference between 'regular tracks' and 'audio tracks' ? i#m a little confused because this dude corey s. goes like this:

"That's not it. The current details (which are likely subject to change as we get closer to a release) are 8 full AUDIO tracks. That's 8 tracks of recorded audio straight into the MPC, and I bet you could push that depending on the size of the track (just speculating though).

In total, an MPC Live or X will be able to handle around 64 TOTAL tracks, but again you may be able to push this depending on the size. "

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... y_18292358
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:15 pm
SHHH wrote:maybe there's a difference between 'regular tracks' and 'audio tracks' ? i#m a little confused

'Regular' tracks I would assume means MIDI tracks, which are the default tracks you'll find in any MPC. By '64 tracks', I think they mean you can have a total of 64 tracks in standalone mode - 8 audio, 56 MIDI. Or maybe you can 64 midi, plus 8 audio tracks.
By willisill Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:34 pm
Jose da Silva wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:So 8 stereo audio tracks in standalone - how many people here think this is too limiting and therefore immediately rules out one of these MPCs? I wonder how many electronic musicians would generally need more than 8 separate audio tracks and cannot workaround it via bouncing, or by moving over into controller mode where they'll have 128.

For now we never used the MPC for a DAW. At our studio we use Logic with a Mac Pro. For a project it's normal to use about 100 to 200 tracks. And we use a lot more then 4 slots for VST. So 8 tracks is really not enough. And no vst in standalone is really a downer.

Why would you do a full mix of 100+ tracks and THEN bring it into MPC? I've personally never gotten that deep into a track before I wanted to chop a sample or add drums, but that's just how I work. If i just wanna do some stuff in standalone and I already have more than 8 channels I need in audio, I'll just make stems. As far as all this VST stuff, what hardware out there operates VSTs without a computer? Would be a logistical nightmare for authorization, storage space, ram, etc... At that point the MPC becomes an actual PC with pads and knobs.

Standalone is a luxury, not a necessity. It's strength is going to be laying down ideas, not full tracks. Is plugging in the usb cord a deal breaker for that many people? lol. The Touch, to me, was kind of a pain in the ass bc the need to plug it into an outlet really restricted its portability. I ended up getting rid of it in favor of the Live for 4 reasons: battery power, screen response, internal storage, and a standalone option. Give me portamento and warp markers eventually, and I'll be able to bang out a good chunk of a beat without even plugging it in to the computer. If you plan on using it for live performance, I'm not sure it's going to beat a launchpad-type device (none of which run standalone), but we'll see once people get their hands on it.